Does Opera use Google's Safe Browsing?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I came across an article dating from 9 December 2011 from Zscaler, where they mention that Opera uses Safe Browsing. I can't find any information that corroborates this.

Does anyone know if that's true?

Link: -http://research.zscaler.com/2011/12/switch-to-google-safe-browsing-v2.html

There's also something interesting... or not :p... The person who wrote the article made a test to see if Google's Safe Browsing would overlap other services such as MDL.

They don't overlap each other, at all. Sure, some domains are blocked by all, but most are not.

I never thought the difference would be... this different. Sorry for the redundancy. :D

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. guest

guest Guest

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes it seems that they change a lot :) Because the last I heard was that they used a service from AVG :doubt:

Zscaler seems to be an interesting company, might be worth bookmarking their blog.
    Thanks for the heads up M00nbl00d :thumb:

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Thanks. Yes, I do remember Opera getting data from AVG, as user Swex mentioned.

How effective is the Yandex malicious domain blocking system? All I know is they are a Russian search engine. They have a bigger market share than Google there, according to a Wikipedia article. -https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Yandex

That's not indicative of efficiency on its own, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.