Does NOD32 Personnel Agree With (Virus Test by GEGA IT-Solutions)??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by agoretsky, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o_O
    Okay.. So NOD32 detects all the ITW as determined by the wildlist.. It does not detect all the Zoo viruses, but it can detect a good number of them. It had a so so record with trojans but they are presently (ESET) adding to the list.

Maybe it would help Vampirefo to remember who some of the NOD32 users are. The program has the fastest scanning time out there, and aside from a small conflict with Trojan Hunter and jv16 power tools (it may have been fixed by now) runs very unobtrusively on a system.. I also use McAFee.. (on another computer).. I see these two programs running daily. I am not a "security expert", just someone who checks the computers people use on a network and through dsl (The employees own their own computers)... If NOD 32 can detect 1oo% in the wild, that good enough for them, and me.. AT home, when I want to play with viruses and AV programs, I can run McAFee.. I can't recommend McAfee to individuals who ask me because the program spits out so many registry entries it would be hard to uninstall everything totally, and not everyone has cloning software like I do...however, I won't tell someone NOT to get it. For the purposes of my workplace,if the AV finds the 100% ITW, and some zoo's, that's fine.. However, I can't say that if NOD32's heuristics spotted a zoo, it's a ITW, because NOD32 found it.. Look it up in the wildlist..I guess that's why it is there..

2. _anvil

_anvil Guest

@sig

Of course, you can't be 'infected' by a RAR archive. You can only be infected by the files within. :)
    And _those files_ are the point of this discussion. Forget about the RAR archive part: the files were only be archived, so that they could be delivered by mail easily. :)

3. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> This thread was dying out, then rodzilla came a blasting away, at me,

Ask yourself why I'm "blasting" you.

Plenty of other people have made adverse comments about NOD32 here in Wilders and elsewhere when they've had problems with the program's performance or detection. I didn't "blast" them ... but they didn't profess to be "Security Experts", they didn't have a blind unreasoning hatred of NOD32, they had (on the surface, and in their own minds) valid reasons to make those comments, and they didn't come across like VXers trying to impress the AV world.

No doubt there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of viruses which have never seen the light of day ... viruses on VX websites with meaningless "disclaimers" like "These viruses are for educational purposes only. The author takes no responsibility for what you do with them." ... which is basically an invitation for wankers and wannabes to download them and turn them loose.

By your own admission, you've downloaded some of them ... and by your own admission you think those viruses pose a real and present danger to the public. One could be forgiven for wondering why, if you really are the "Security Expert" you hold yourself out to be, you lack the social responsibility to forward those undetectable viruses to the various antivirus vendors.

You continually trash NOD32 with your stupid irrational comments and your stupid rigged "tests" on never-seen-In-the-Wild viruses ... viruses which you deliberately seek out and/or modify to make sure NOD32 won't detect.

You don't look for discussion and you don't attempt to impart useful information ... you simply troll for arguments with your childish codswallop and meaningless "tests" ... which, btw, it seems most regular Wilders members treat with the contempt and derision they deserve. (I have yet to see anyone agree with your drivel.)

Since my return a few days ago several Wilders members have asked me to ban you from the Eset forums ... not because of your persistent NOD32 bashing but because they regard you as a deliberately disruptive clown with nothing valid to contribute to the forums. I agree with them ... and I'm very close to doing just that.

You're skating on very thin ice, wannabe.

Consider this your one and only formal warning.

4. Vampirefo

Vampirefo Guest

rodzilla,
    You are a joke, ban away! NOD is a Joke, again ban away, NOD is the only wannabe, You program is all hype, and you wish to ban people like myself, cause we know it's hype again ban away!!

5. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

My god Vamp cool down.
    Nods a joke you say o_O :eek: o_O
    Well, the only thing i want to say, is that i completely disagrees with you, and then shake my head in disbelief.
    Regards
    Ole

6. Madsen DK

THX for the smite, anyway :D
    I was beginning to worry, if i always was such a nice guy :D :D :D
    Regards
    Ole ;)

7. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

ROTF :D

Vamp you remind me of Rod when he first started posting at DSLR..hugs guy. :) The NOD Forum is once again a place to enjoy since you really are of it's biggest FAN's and we all did miss Rod. I have been following the thread of course ever since it started...now we have Pete playing with the email virus packages since Mele20 is not posting in this forum as of late...but he will get a roundtuit for the effort to fill in.

:D :D :D

Yup the game has changed but the rules of engagement are the same.

You people be good to yourself..and all the new players in this thread.

Welcome to Wilders

...they aim to please and you can always find fertile ground to plant those seeds..even if some of you have only given a futile effort to make things grow.

Carry on..the Gardening Shed still is not LOCKED>

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

This will do. Vamperifo, as of now you are banned from this board - having the honour of being the only one being banned twice.

Bashing is not accepted on this board, regardless wether it concerns NOD32 or any other software.

We are not in the habit of banning; within 15 months, it only occured twice - having 3,500+ members. Unfortunately, at seldom ocassions there seems no way around it. Twice means: final. Enjoy your stay elsewhere.

regards.

paul

9. SmackDown

SmackDown Guest

Interesting, Vamp banned, He must have gotten under Rod's skin, NOD is an OK product, nothing to write home about, But Vamp just hated NOD so.

I knew at some point Rod, would get Vamp banned, Vamp can be relentless at times, I know him from many forums. snipped - remark is not tollerated - Forum Admin.

But Dear old buddy, Vamp, you got to watch your P's and Q's on this forum, you was banned before over TDS-3 now NOD, lol have a good one.

10. SmackDown

SmackDown Guest

Is the forums having problems? Or am I being banned also? o_O o_O o_O

11. Madsen DK

Dont think so, but you starts all over again....
    Perhaps the good folks here , are just a little tired. ;)
    Regards
    Ole

we are not starting this all over indeed - Forum Admin

12. SmackDown

SmackDown Guest

Must be, I keep getting this page.

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry, you are banned from using this forum!

13. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

We all know he was a big ignorant! If NOD32 is hype so is Kaspersky, Norton, Mcafee, AVK, Panda, PC-Cillin, Sophos, F-prot, command bla bla.... There are all antivirus products with strengths or weaknesses. Chose one that you like best. Its your world...and please have a life. There is more to it...

Technodrome

14. SmackDown

SmackDown Guest

WOW, you have issues, I wonder if you will be banned? You are very brave also attacking a person, who can't respond, you sure earned you NOD Mod status.

P.S. please feel free not to reply to me any more, I don't care for Mod's on any forum, violating the rules, or making personal attacks on anyone.

15. Madsen DK

Smackdown!!!
    What do you expect from us here.
    You are in the NOD forum. Most of us uses NOD, and are very happy about it.
    Do you want me to say that NOD S.... , are useless, hype or what.
    Why should i. Im happy about it, and it serves me well.
    Final reply.
    Your not worth the time.
    Just another troll IMHO.
    Regards
    Ole

PS. Sorry if im being harsh ;)

16. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

I don't attack anyone. I have no reason for that.
    This is NOD32 SUPPORT forum where NOD32 users are looking for solution. No Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky etc users. These forums are here to HELP NOD32 user. Nothing less, nothing more. You and people like you are coming here to bash NOD32. Why? Where is the point? Are you expecting to gain something with this?

If you dislike something you will automatically call it BS? If I dislike something I don’t buy it. Simple as that…

The fact is there but you ignore it. Keep ignore it, nobody cares...

Technodrome

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

SD, what are your own issues? Are you using NOD32, are happy with it, do you have questions about it, wishes, problems?
    The forums try to be kept on topic, informative and educative for all visitors looking for real information without the need to dig through all unnecessary stuff.
    Mods do give lots of their time to contribute on this maintenance. It means lots of good memory and trying to find the best answers people can produce, patience with all and an overview relating to TOS and laws, etc.
    So there is not any reason to attack any mod anywhere if they try to work serious and supportive.

18. SmackDown

SmackDown Guest

Yes, I have some question, but first I need to find out why this site bans me.

To be honest the only question, I ask so far was whether or not, I am being banned. I keep going to error page, you are banned, after 5 or 6 tries, I get through.

You seem like a nice person, I agree with what you said, the other two, I care nothing for, they are trouble makers.

I wont respond to them, and hopefully, they can in return, show the the same respect and not respond to me.

19. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks SD, i'm just myself and used to be reasonable and respectful, as are the other mods in fact all of them, but they might have been more tired of the sad ways the discussions took here.
    We all love to support serious questions and help users in the best ways, one of the reasons Eset even brought in mods from all over the world to ensure full 24/7 support coverage if necessary in many other languages then the board's english!

About you banning i don't know, have not seen any message about that, only the aforementioned person to our general great sadness as we really dislike such measures and they are used only in ultimate necessity.
    Wished it could have been only a temporary cool-down :(
    Could it be you are in the same IP range or same ISP or such a thing which could need some more finetuning on the board's side?
    I only know because of your postings about this possible banning the admins are looking into that matter for you.

Hope you're happy with NOD on your system in the meantime?

20. Paul Wilders

SmackDown,

In case you would have been banned, it would have been impossible to post over on this forum using your registered user name in the first place.

You're not. Feel free to send me an email coming with a screen shot from the page popping up you are referring to.

That said: please refrain from stirring up mud. Thanks in advance.

regards.

paul

21. SmackDown

SmackDown Guest

Jooske,

I got NOD today, I was having some problem scanning network, I got it figured out, See the network check box wont work, but I can just add other PC in bottom box.

I will not ask anymore questions here, the atmosphere is very unfriendly, my first post was kind of a joke, my fault, but still, I didn't deserve the harsh treatment.

Are their more friendly NOD supports forums, you could direct me to? I know dslreports, but that's a Norton forum.

22. Madsen DK

Well, Smackdown.
    My apologies, but how could i/we know that it was a joke.
    BTW. People are freindly here, so dont worry.
    Lets start a fresh, and forget our disagreements/misunderstandings.
    Many regards
    Ole ;)

PS I dont think you find a better NOD support forum than this.

23. Paul Wilders

Well, I'm not Jooske - but glad to hear all worked out in the end.

Well, you jumped right into a - say - rather vivid thread. Have a look at the contents from all other threads on this forum, and no doubt you'll notice the atmosphere is a very friendly one all the way ;)

Nope - these are the one and only official NOD32 support forums. Welcome and feel free to ask questions. Please start a new thread in case you feel the need to ask a question.

regards.

paul

24. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Hi SD, I agree we should all start afresh, you will find these forums a friendly place and everyone is happy to help with any problems if they can.

I hope you hang around :)

25. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

SmackDown, i am Jooske and i am happy too you worked that part out :)

Think it is a good idea to open a new thread for your other concerns/questions to keep on topic and have your best support!

Best of luck and lots of success with NOD on your very clean system!
    You know the big value of the forums here is you can jump from the one subject and dedicated software forums to the others, together they offer a very good top notch security for your system, the forum visitors and mods know the products generally spoken, so this is in fact the place to be. And you know we all wake over the visitors, mods, developers, serious information, integrity, etc and keeping it a friendly atmosphere with lots of fun too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.