Does Nod32 add an email disclaimer?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I've been receiving a few emails that have this at the end:

Is this my own Nod32 adding this unnecessary text or the sender's email system?

2. dog

dog Guest

It's your end ... NOD is notifing you that the email was scanned ... it can also be added to outbound emails.

3. Biscuit

Are you sure it's my end? Why would only some received messages have the text?

4. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Go to IMON and check if you have enabled:
    "Append tag message to email"

If this is checked, just check "No notification" if it bothers you. NOD scans both incoming and outgoing email

5. Biscuit

Thank you for your reply. I have the default setting of "append tag to all email". However on testing, it is not appending any tag. Sending test emails to my Gmail account from & to Outlook, there are no footers added either on sent or received emails. I have tried this test both with my Outlook Exchange email account & my Outlook direct POP3 account. o_O

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As EMON handles MS Outlook, try EMON> Setup> Notifications

Cheers :D

7. Biscuit

Blackspear

Something is not consistent here. I definately don't want any sales disclaimer attached to my outgoing emails & neither will my customers. However on testing (albeit only with my Gmail account), this is not happening. The setting within Emon appears to be only for infected mail & mine is set to default with is to notify in the subject line.

My Imon settings are also default which appears to set the disclaimer text, however this is not working at all with my Outlook to Gmail test.

8. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

9. Biscuit

Hmm, checking the linked thread I thought that we'd found the answer. But unfortunately not. Sending in plain text still does not have the disclaimer even though the option is ticked.

Does this actually work consistently for anyone?

Note: Ahh, I've only used Gmail to test this - I'll try something else.

10. Biscuit

After further testing in plain text & without using Gmail, I can't get the disclaimer to show on emails. o_O

11. Biscuit

Ahh, I now have a consistent result. I can get the disclaimer showing if I send a plain text email from a POP3 a/c to another POP3 a/c (ie not from a POP3 to the Exchange server or from the Exchange server to a POP3 & also not where the receiving or sending POP3 a/c is Gmail).

What a mess! :blink:

12. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

ROFLMAO, well you amused me for the last 1/2hr or so :blink: ;) :D

Cheers :D

13. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

There are only two places that adjust the settings for the apended message. One in in IMON, one in in EMON.
    The one in IMON will only operate on recieved email via standard POP3 - not POP3 via SSL as is the case with gMail.
    The one in EMON operates for both sent and received emails as can be told by it's configuration page, but only when using Outlook and not Outlook Express or anything else at this time.

If you want no NOD32 footers on any emails unless infections are detected, in IMON just set 'append tag message to email' to be 'Infected email only' and similarly set in EMON 'Append to received and read email' and 'Append to outgoing email' as is your wish.

HTH :D

And if you haven't already done so, Blackspear has put together an excellent tutorial/configuration guide that has sections covering both IMON and EMON that would be well worth you time to look through -->HERE<--

Cheers :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  14. Biscuit

Thanks for your reply

I had already read Blackspear's guide, however it didn't really (nor is it intended to) act as a help for every Nod32 option. The issue I think is that the Imon screen does not show enough help about this particular option neither does it show how weird it acts on a live system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.