Does it Really Work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wspears, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wspears

wspears Registered Member

I recently had to format my hard disk and spent about a week re-install my programs. This experience caused me to look for programs that would allow me to recover the programs without going through the re-install process. After some research and looking at reviews of several programs, I purchased TI.
    Now I have a concern; will TI really recover my system if disaster strikes again? I read several posts on Wilders Security Forums that casts some doubt in my mind. I would like to hear the good and bad experience from anyone that used TI to update the system and or recovered the system after a program of disk failure.
    To test the program, I made an image backup to an USB hard disk of my C partition that contains the operating system and programs. I booted from the TI recovery disk ok. I got as far as “Please Select Partition” and I selected my backup image and then everything froze. I repeated the test and it froze again at the same point.
    I then started TI after booting up in windows and ran through the recovery process without a problem but stopped at “Proceed” point.
    Thanks for your response.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I have never tried just imaging the C partition. I always image the whole of the main HD. I have tested the restore process fully and in perfect safety several times. The method is to remove the main HD, pretending it has failed. A spare drive is installed in its place and the restore is then done after booting from the recovery CD.
    I have never had any problem with these restores and the replacement drive has always worked. It is a good thing to practice a restore through to completion as one then KNOWS that it works for you on your hardware and when disaster strikes for real you can be up and running again in minutes.

Xpilot

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Yes, TI does work to Backup and Restore your drives. Some things that may make TI not work:

Multiple usb devices such as hubs, usb keyboard, usb mouse.
    Wireless keyboard and mouse.

It seems that the wrong combination of those items and specific hardware cause problems for TI. However others have no problems at all.

4. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi ... I have done a backup of my c drive and I am using an usb wireless mouse , I had no problems at all with restoring the backup image , I was surprise as to how fast it got done , Thanks TI

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, wspears

You can Create an Image as you have done and can also Verify the Image, but you can not restore an Image with the Trial Version.

Only the Full Version will Restore an Image or Clone a HDD.

Take Care,

PS: Sorry just realized I misread your post, you already have the full version.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You can restore with the trial version. The Windows version works for 15 days I believe. The recovery CD version will do a restore but not a create. This allows an image to be created and restored with the trial.
    For Acronis' protection, the Windows version times out and the CD is useless since it can't create.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wspears,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3567.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help either then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Please also note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to a USB flash drive.

Please also let us know which step of the Data Recovery Wizard the program hangs at.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.