Does Echo Workstation Build 8163 support Windows XP Embedded with EWF

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jbswift, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbswift

jbswift Registered Member

I been testing this product at work with B&R industrial PCs using compact flash media as the boot drive. Since drive C: is protected by EWF (enhanced write filter), I have to disable before or commit the changes after an update or the recovery process fails. I have to assume Acronis writes some type of script to do the backup operation and if the drive is protected, there is no script to follow after restart. I have successfully tested the local and remote backup to networked computers using the commit option as a pre command, however, I have not been successfull running a recovery locally using the Echo Workstation software using the same option. The system restarts and the cursor flashes for a while, then I get "disk not ready". Does Acronis or anyone in the forum used there products on drives that are protected by EWF or used compact flash cards as hard drives? Just looking for some feedback.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jbswift,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be informed that we cannot guarantee the proper work of our software and EWF protected drives. Enhanced Write Filter (EWF) provides the ability to write-protect a run-time image. By redirecting all write requests to either a separate disk partition or RAM, EWF allows the run-time image to maintain the appearance of a writeable run-time image, that's why our software unable to access it to make a backup.

However, you may try to use CD version of our software to image such drives.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.