Does Disk Director Suite 10 support Windows XP SP3?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by falconet, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falconet

falconet Registered Member

I want buy ADDS 10 to finish re-partition of my hard-disk, however, I found the software can only support SP2 (it's your webpage: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/requirements.html), as my OS is Windows XP SP3.

I checked this with so many people, someone said yes, in the meantime, others say no (even by the engineer in ACRONIS Shanghai branch office).

It's really confused me! I must got the official answer from you, before I place order of ADDS.

Your official answer (from HQ) will be highly appreciated.

2. TomFunke

TomFunke Registered Member

3. Beto

Beto Registered Member

Thanks for the alternative solution. On many computers disk director 10 simply will not partition a drive for
    some unexplainable reason. :thumb:

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Acronis hasn't kept their Linux drivers up to date. PartedMagic has done a better job of this. However, there are no known incompatibilities with DD 10 and XP SP3 that I'm aware of. You are probably running into a driver issue especially if you have new hardware (< 2 yrs old); SATA chipset drivers especially. You can also work around this by using DD from the recovery CD by starting in safe mode.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.