Does Defensewall protect only untrusted programs?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by apathy, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I bought Defensewall recently after testing it thoroughly and it is so easy to use and the protection is solid. My only problem with it is that when I run Firefox 3 in Untrusted mode I can't add passwords or update extensions so I have to run it as trusted which defeats the purpose. Does Defensewall only protect apps that are run as untrusted?

Thanks

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Apathy,

Yes it does seperate untrusted from the trusted world and untrusted from each other. Best thing to do is contact Ilya on Gladiator forum. When you add the place where you store passwords as a resource to FF, it is able to handle adding passwords in untrusted state.

I used GW with FF on my son's gaming machine, so I do not know for DW. On our old XP box I have no trouble adding IE or Opera extensions, again contact the DW forum.

Workaround: close all untrusted processes (the red button), disable DW protection add the extensions and passwords, enable protection again.

Have you posted this on Gladiator DefenseWall forum?

Regars Kees

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

1. Add new passwords- I just fixed it up few minutes ago. Will be released with the 2.44 version today or tomorrow.

2. Can't update extension- it should be like that. You may update it only with your FF running trusted. This operation need to be made quite seldom and will takes only half of the minute of your time.

4. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Thanks everyone,

Keeping a malware/virus free machine is full-time job but with tools such as these it makes it a helluva lot easier :thumb:

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

apathy, Are you running Commodo with D+ along with Defensewall? I was not aware that you could run two HIPs together.

6. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Yes I am runnning Comodo w/ D+ and Defensewall. I haven't seen any problems from using both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.