Does Chrome get the latest page of a webpage automatically?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

One of the things I hated about Firefox is that there is not straightforward method to tell the browser to always refresh/get the latest version of a page without going to about:config

Typing: browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

Then setting the value to 1

Now I got sick of Firefox having intermittent crashes due to a bug with its Flash Player and I tried Chrome and liked the fact that it is much snappier browsing websites...

so Im keeping Chrome

But my question is...

does Chrome automatically grab the latest version of a web page?

Let's say I am on MajorGeeks.com do I have to press CTRL + F5 to do hard refresh everytime I visit the page or does Chrome do that automatically to deliver the latest contecnt? I need this feature as it is vital especially when browsing Forums to get the latest content

I dont know how Chrome acts by default and if it doesnt automatically get the latest version of a page...what and how to change the setting?

I like how in IE it is so simple to do this by going to Internet Properties and choosing always get latest version of a page upon every visit...done!!

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Chrome uses a cache just like Firefox but it forces a repaint on every refresh (hence the white flash bug.) So, yes.

3. berryracer

I see.

PS: What white flash bug?

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Due to repainting every time you reload there's occasionally a "white flash" where you only see the default background. It's not always noticeable.

5. berryracer

Ah ok, I never noticed it but Im glad Chrome acts right by default and gets the latest version of a page when you visit it

cheers pro

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.