Does BW privacy take a long time to credit your account?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by joeh1974, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeh1974

joeh1974 Registered Member

Hello all...new poster. Came across this site while researching VPN providers.

After reading a few threads, I had decided to purchase service with BW Privacy. I paid 5 Euro to try their 14 day plan so I could test out their speeds. That was almost two days ago. No currency has posted to my account, so I can't activate anything. I've left a couple of contact messages, but so far no reply.

Since this is the only forum I've come across that mentioned people using this service, I'd thought I'd ask if anyone else had issues with them crediting monies to their account. Does it normally take this long?

Thanks.

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Yes, they can be slow.

3. joeh1974

OK, good to know. Thanks.

4. joeh1974

Well, after one week and three messages, no response from BW Privacy. They're getting 1 or 2 more days, then I'm initiating a refund.

5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I know that this may sound like a ridiculous question, but might they be using a different email address associated with you? And did you check your spam folder?

6. joeh1974

Yep, checked everything. Made a PayPal payment, which went through. The PayPal receipt even says my username associated with the payment. I've left three messages under their contact link with no response, and to date the money has not been credited to my account.

7. mirimir

PayPal sometimes delays your payments without telling you.

8. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

9. rdebruin

rdebruin Registered Member

Have the same problem (using Paypal). Also waiting a couple of days and no reply yet.

10. Cyberhec

Cyberhec Registered Member

Exact same problem. Paid 3-4 days ago via paypal. No credit in the account, no answer to my messages in "contact". Looks like they just take your money and run. Stay away from bwprivacy!!

11. rdebruin

rdebruin Registered Member

Yep. I've got my money back from Paypal (via a complaint).

12. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

well seems like they arent as professional as i thought it appears theyre not fit for buisness afterall , ill take them off my whitelist , damn and they was looking rather good from the tests ive did with em ,the anonymous payment options and speed , guess in the end it was all too much for them to handle sadly , well that leaves us with more confident and professional vpns like airvpn , mullvad or bolehvpn

13. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

Supposedly there was an incident with BW Privacy, based on this cached Twitter post dating back to June 9th:

BW #Privacy Services servers brought down? bwprivacy.to #Op #OpenVPN #VPN #Proxy

BW Privacy was recommended in some blackhat circles as one of the few "hardcore" no-logs VPN providers... which, of course, is attractive not only to us privacy/anonymity enthusiasts, but to cyber-criminals as well. What happened here is anyone's guess, but I surmise that they probably had an unforeseen encounter with law enforcement or some other legal adversary that they weren't properly equipped to deal with.

It's unfortunate. BW Privacy Services seemed excellent--at least on the surface--but in retrospect we really didn't know ANYTHING about the person(s) running it, nor their associations. It's one thing for a VPN operator to maintain some degree of personal anonymity (i.e., having a vested interest in protecting your privacy as well as their own)... but when they're totally opaque like this one was, evidently, it can lead to problems.

14. joeh1974

Good to see that it wasn't just me that was having problems. I just let it be. Decided it wasn't really worth the hassle to try and get back my $6. Looks like the website is still operational, so how many more people are paying, but not getting service??

Anyway, I received a trial version of PrivatVPN, and it seemed to work very well, so I subscribed for 90 days. It seems to be a smaller VPN service, but I get very good speeds from their Swiss and Sweeden servers. They apparently also don't keep logs unless you try to connect to one of their two US servers.

They also provide a small client program which does all the work, and it even provides a connection guard which will shut down any programs you tell it to if the connection drops.

Recommended.

15. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

If it *was* an LE take down, I'm surprised they didn't refund your $6 and give you a year's free service! :D

PD

16. mirimir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.