Does anyone use Prefbar?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Daveski17, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Does anyone use Prefbar? I use the original version of this on K-Meleon. However, I have customised mine slightly by *hiding some of the buttons in 'Tools' - Config. I have also dragged it up on to the Menu Bar so it doesn't add to the height of the GUI.

*I kept hitting 'Clear All' instead of the Flashblocker by mistake! :blink:

2. Localhostess

Localhostess Registered Member

>> Does anyone use Prefbar? I use the original version of this on K-Meleon.

I would love to install Prefbar in K-Meleon. How did you do it?

Localhostess

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It's shipped with the browser. Click on View (Menu bar) then Toolbars - & check (or tick) Privacy Bar in the drop-down menu. There are 17 buttons in all but only 11 are actually displayed by default (as in the above screenshot) & you can hide buttons you don't need by 'commenting' them out, plus you can reverse the procedure for any of the buttons in config that you want to add. I believe the poster & forum member 'jsnj' on the K-Meleon forums originally created the Privacy Bar (which later became the Prefbar). The bar can also be dragged where you want it on the GUI of course.

You can hide any button in toolbars.cfg on your skin (Edit -> Configuration -> Toolbars)

This is an example for the hiding of the Clear All button:

First locate the lines of code that are relevant then put a '#' at the start of each line. An example of this is included in the Notepad document it opens with anyway & is essentially self-explanatory. Well, I could figure it out anyway & I'm virtually an idiot! :D

# %ifplugin macros & privacy
    # Clear All{
    # macros(kPrivacy_ClearAll)
    # Clear All
    # privhot.bmp[13]
    # privcold.bmp[13]
    # }
    # %endif

When you re-start the browser the 'Clear All' button will have magically disappeared!

*If you are using Vista or Win 7 you will have to disable the UAC to do this, you can switch the UAC back on when you have finished.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.