Does anyone use Azureus? Ty :-)

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Marco_CH, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco_CH

Marco_CH Registered Member

Hello Board Community :)

Does anyone use the Azureus torrent client? Im using it and quite like it. Very user friendly.
    Well since today Im trying the LnS Trial and noticed a few problems. I have tried the Filtering Rules you can import and tried to adapt them to Azureus but for some reason I cant do it properly (http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm)

Im using the port (tcp, udp) 50000 (Azureus reccommends a port between 50000 - 59999) for Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) and forward them on my router. without LnS it works fine, NAT test successful and downloads have ok speed.
    As soon as I enable LnS the NAT test fails and downloads slow down a lot. Probably I dont understand well enough how to set up the Incoming and Outgoing Ports.
    When I check the Log Tab I can see very many blocked connections. Probably the computers Azureus tries to connect to.

To make it short: Does anyone use successfully Azureus and could give me a hand or an adapted Internet Filtering File to import?
    Looking forward to some help cause I like LnS quite a lot but maybe I have to admit that it's too complicated to me.

Many thanks in advance and have a nice day :)
    Regards
    Marco

2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Make use of the bittorent rule on the LnS homepage. Fill in the correct port and go ahead :)

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i use utorrent with the LnS bittorrent rules and it works like a charm. in place of "In range A:B" u can put "Equals" then put ur port. also make sure u place the rule above "block all other packets" if it doesnt work try moving it up til it works. i attached my rules, just remove the ".txt" at the end of the file name:

Attached Files:

4. Marco_CH

Marco_CH Registered Member

many thanks for your help and efforts

kind regards
    marco

5. friedclams

friedclams Registered Member

I use azureus without problem...to get started I used the bittorrent rules and the bittorrent ports inside azureus and all works well...
    In order to get a green connection I had to set my router up properly... this is explained on several torrent sites and applies to all torrent proggies...

good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.