Does anybody remember IEClean 7.0 ???

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Barney, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barney

Barney Registered Member

Ok everybody, I have a big question. I am sure many of you remember BoClean, IEClean and NSClean. Well ever since Comodo bought BOClean, IEClean and NSclean just disappeared. This really pisses me off. I have been busting my butt searching the entire net for anybody who still sells IEClean 7.0. Does anybody out there have any idea how I can get this program? The last version I bought was 6.0 and still use it to this day. Damn, I need version 7.0!!!!

Barney

2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Why not just go to the Comodo forum here, http://forums.comodo.com/ and ask Kevin McAleavey if you can still buy it.After all, he should know as he is the guy that created it.

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I agree, but I thought that product went away with the sale of the company to Comodo. :doubt:

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Remember, hell I still got a copy.

5. Barney

Barney Registered Member

Way to rub it in Lonewolf. Lucky you. Damn I'm jealous.:)

6. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Barney,sorry this may come as bad new's but it seem's your question has been ask and answered by Kevin earlier, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=186382 As it is an old,no longer made or sold program that is freeware now,you may be able to find a nice person with it to send you a copy.Good luck to you.

7. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

When COMODO just acquired PSC it told website visitors all the other software would be availlable over time.

8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Yes, I do remember it. Actually, I'm running it (hey Barney, no, I do not want to rub it in).

Pugmug (thanks!) gave the link to the thread in which I posted about it.

As said in that older thread, I too feel sad that it has been discontinued.
    I too wished that Comodo and Kevin would continue it and maintain it. Will that happen? I am afraid that the answer is 'no'. But if anyone has more recent info about it, please let it know here ;)

9. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

10. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

11. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Question - What makes this program so great? There are so many good, solid cleaners and remembering and reading about IEClean and their being bought out, I remember wondering what all the fuss was about. CCleaner seems to do all IEClean does (or did) and more. Is it just feeling comfortable with a familiar interface? If not, could someone explain, in some detail, how it's better and what it can do that CCleaner cannot? Kevin's software seems to have always had a following, but what makes it so different that some lament its loss so painfully?

12. dreherd

dreherd Registered Member

I don't know if it is too late to join this thread, but I have both IEClean 7 and NSClean 9 on both of my computers (XP Home SP3). IEClean still seems to work, but NSClean does not. I too hate to see them go. I found Kevin's software on CompuServe some 12 or 13 years ago, and using it becomes part of one's life. The interesting thing is that NSClean 9 does not seem to have an uninstaller, nor does it show up in the list of add/remove programs on Windows. Nor does it show up in the remove programs feature of CCleaner. I don't think it hurts anything to keep it, however. Among other things, NSClean had a cookie manager that I would love to be able to use now. IEClean's cookie manager still seems to work. At least we still have BoClean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.