Does Aloha Bob help make better Acronis images?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter Mac, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Mac

Peter Mac Registered Member

I have Aloha Bob PC relocator software.

It has tools that shut down Windows processes to make for a cleaner transfer.

Will these tools make TI work better?

If I run Aloha Bob first just to shut down all apps and .dlls, etc will I get a better TI image?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you want a really clean system for creating an image, boot from the Recovery CD.

3. Peter Mac

Peter Mac Registered Member

thanks. that's a good idea. does the recovery CD have the full functionality of the regular app?

do I have to create the bootable recovery CD after I install acronis TI?

it kind of sounds like how Norton Ghost used to work where it went to DOS mode to ensure a clean image.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The Recovery CD runs in a Linux environment with a gui interface that looks almost identical to the Windows interface. Create, Restore, Explore and CheckImage functions are available on the CD version of TI.

You can create a Recovery CD at any time in Windows using the Acronis software.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

The Acronis True Image Bootable rescue CD has a graphical user interface (identical to the one in Windows), that allows you performing all the operations available in Windows, except for scheduling tasks and exploring image archives (you may only check them).

Thank you.
    _ _
    Alexander Fedotov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.