Do you wish to activate plugins? popup nag in firefox!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I'm sure most Firefox users have seen this question before, but I am amazed by the pushiness of the question.

There is probably a really simple way to stop this, but I must say I find questions like this very irritating. If I wanted to activate my plugins (in this case the web page is whining because flash is turned off, no doubt) then I would activate it! It is as if they are saying, well, if we can't irritate you with flash, we will irritate you with this stupid question!

Sorry about the rant, heh, heh...Is there something that I have set wrong to incur such a question? See image below!

Attached Files:

2. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I guess it might not be as bad as I thought. I did not see that there was a drop down menu for choices, and not just "activate" and "activate all plugins" From the drop down list I can see that probably the question just has to be answered one time per site, which is actually quite reasonable. I was just in a foul mood for having to start blocking flash on some sites because of their innovative and torturous uses of it, so I was irritated by the question.

Also, I am new to Windows 8, and I am trying to discover how to pretty much just do things the way I always have without Facebooking, Tweeting, using mouse gestures and Metro screens.

Heh, heh, I already got the old version of MS Games with solitaire, hearts, Chess Titans back running!

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.