Do you use Facebook?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Page42, Jun 20, 2012.

?

Do you use Facebook?

1. Yes

35.3%
  2. No

64.7%
  1. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

I have three Facebook friends...wife and two daughters....so I can view photos they post of the grand kids.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No, not an account anyway I have no use for it at the moment.

But I do read some pages on FB like ESET, Webroot, or pages that belong to products that I use or think is interesting.

And I do hate when companys says "Hey we have a competition with great prizes to win, come and participate on our Facebook page" :argh:
    Why can't they do things like that on their own website instead :(

Every singel person doesn't have Facebook, every singel person will never have Facebook is that so hard to understand :D

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

LOL i hate that too. :ninja: :doubt:

4. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Nope, I refuse. Any old friend can find me easily enough if they want to, and I'm sure I could do the same for them.

I agree 100%. I also hate when you click some companies contest or giveaway link, just to be surprised when you land on their Facebook page. Welcome to the future, I guess...

5. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Yes I do have an account but it's not the original me. I use it for software and free stuffs. These days they don't even give you the right to withhold your mobile phone # from them because they send ID verification via it. I didn't give it so my account was suspended. Your life need not be an open book to everyone even if they say that you can set it up to cater to your friends-only etc.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Yes I use it, but am annoyed by how commercial it has become. I hate how you have to spend money on advertising if you want all of your friends so see a post you make.

Also, where is the dislike button?

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

hello roger m.
    in the chrome browser there is an extension called FB dislike button.
    Not sure if other browsers have this or not sorry.?

8. roger_m

Thanks for that, but I am looking for a disalike button to be officially added to Facebook itself.

9. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Strange? I have never had to spend money of advertising when posting to Friends.

Amen to that. I wish there was one. :)

10. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Never going to happen (official), people would get mad, especially those, who live on FB. The idea is, if you do not like something, keep it to yourself or simply comment it.

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used Facebook for quite a while. But you do have to be aware what is happening.

12. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I think facebook is just like the web..its a creation we managed without for centuries and now we cant seem to live without it.
    It would be quite fair to say that facebook has taken over the web..everything you see now has a fb like button.:argh:

13. er34

er34 Guest

I don't use Facebook - as mentioned by others I don't like the concept of social medias - sharing everything, and I don't like to share my information with Facebook and other organizations/companies involved with Facebook. I have a friend who lives in Twitter - he posts many times per day and you can always read where he is/was, what he ate, when he visited the gym, when he feels hungry, when he went to another store because the local store did not have some kind of ketchup, what he saw on TV, and so on - his life is on the Net and everybody can see this. That is huge privacy issue.

14. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Not to mention those irritating Farcebook buttons on so many pages these days that do absolutely nothing to speed page loading. :mad:

15. roger_m

Not when posting to friends. But, if you make a post on your own wall, not everyone in your friends list will see it in their news feed, unless they make you a "close friend" or if you a posting from a facebook page, then people you like the page have to add you to an "interest list" to see all your posts in their news feed.

For example I have a facebook page as a DJ with 51 people liking the page. The last post on that page was only seen by 5 people.

16. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I use the Antisocial sub list for ABP. I think my answer to this poll is therefore quite obvious...

To keep in touch with people living abroad I use Pidgin Messenger. Or email. Or even better yet, my phone.

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Tell me about it, they are even showing up in some AVs you know :thumbd:

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

So, in a little over 6 months of voting, folks who don't use Facebook outnumber folks who do at about a 2 to 1 ratio.
    My personal guess is that the ratio is actually greater, but the people who would make that so are people who don't go online much, hence they aren't even Wilders members and never saw the poll.
    Thanks to all who have participated. :thumb:

19. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Poll results . . . Only happens in Wilderssecurity. :D
    Hahahahahaha

20. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Do you use Facebook?

NO

I don't like it at all.

21. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I use it rarely.

22. guest

guest Guest

Norway. :D - Over my dead body! :ninja: - No, not even THEN! :D - To me? -> FB equals pestilence! :(

23. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

I just read some interesting views on Facebook and its limitations.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  24. Not any more. There are better ways of staying in touch with my friends - ways that are more conducive to keeping a friendship alive.

25. new2security

new2security Registered Member

It annoys me when newspapers, banks, web shops etc always seem to carry the "Follow us on FB" link on their sites. Why would anyone want to follow a bank or newspaper on FB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.