Do you own funny pets?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by wildman, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Um......Er.......Gee!..... :doubt: ......just can't wait for that! :doubt: :doubt:

2. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Brad
    I'm so sorry you lost your pet.I know they become just like your family. :'(

3. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

I could do without the picture. Your dog isn't the first, believe me, and it's not real healthy for him/her. If I were you, I'd 1)stop my beloved pet from doing that by whatever means necessary and 2)look for other sources of entertainment. That said, I'm not you. :D

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Thanks Rita.

5. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

It sucks to lose a pet! :'(

I've got two cats that are funny. Bubbles (white/cream calico, 10 yrs. in July) is a big talker. She's shrill, silly, sweet & demanding all at once. I recorded her so I could hear her & remember, if I outlive her. I wish I'd done that with others who are gone.:(

Anyhow, online friends have enjoyed the .wav files, and their pets have had some interesting reactions, too. I'd be happy to email a few short ones proving she's funny. Please let me know by PM if curious.:)

Ernie (tabby, 4 yrs. in July) has his own quirks. He's the only cat I've ever seen eat with his paw as a clumsy spoon. It gets messy, especially with canned food (shredded w/ gravy). He eats some of what he drops. He leaves gravy footprints. There's usually food stuck to the underside of plates when I pick them up to wash them.:doubt:

They're definitely funnier and more fun than any poop-eater, no offense intended...:p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

We've got a virtual zoo starting up here.. 3 cats (down from 5), a dog, two snakes, and two aquariums (a 55 gal and a 10 gal) And they're ALL real characters :) My main cat (Sid, a siamese mix) also thinks he's a dog, likes to like your face and hand, likes to bite (only if he really likes you, though) and has more personality and intelligence than any animal I (or most people) have met. The dog (Circe, a pitbull) came to us in a blaze of fire and is just silly :) And in my big aquarium I've got the brightest and most mellow of all Oscars.. he'll sort decorative rocks by color and bang rocks against the glass when he wants your attention. He also has very definite ideas about how the tank should be decorated :) Almost all of our pets are rescues, abandoned by other people. My girlfriend is a pet groomer / vet tech, which has helped things in a lot of ways.

The funniest story I have to relate, off the top of my head, is when Sid heard a mole moving around under some leaves on the ground, he tried to catch it but it scurried down a hole. He reached in trying to grab it, but once he figured it was gone he turned around and peed in the hole.. lol, that'll show 'em :D Attached is a pic taken right after he recovered from major surgery (very nearly died)

Attached Files:

7. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

:'( :'( We lost our ginger persian to cancer. Have never replaced him but we have never forgotten him and the joy he gave us over the years we had him. He thought he was a person and not a cat. Time for a replacement but hubby is resisting. Hmmmm, a little arm wrestling, candlelight & wine - maybe?? or gotta think of something good to make my case. ;)

8. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Perhaps if you remind him of the joy...and the kitten needing a home you'd save. I recommend siblings. Two lives are saved & they're more fun to watch than most TV shows. Plus, they're not as dependent on you being in a mood to play and help them use up stored energy. A kitten can bring laughter into even a very sad house. We were all still grieving Dustin when we adopted Ernie. Bubbles needed something to do other than being permanently affixed to me. It's the highest compliment you can pay a pet that's gone to want the experience again.

He sure showed that mole, didn't he?;)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  9. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Yeah, you can't let the cycle of life get in the way of that kind of companionship.. maybe you should go to the humane society just to look at the cats. Even if you don't get one from there, I'd bet it would spark his interest again :) And I fully agree that 2 are better and easier than one. When my other guy was alive, the two were inseparable.. that's actually how I got him (was previously a roomate's cat, but when I moved out the cat was so miserable, and vocal about it, that they had to give him to me.)

10. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

I could never imagine how much fun 2 kittens/cats could be!!
    Ours are brother and sister and they are each others best friend!!
    Really!!

As heartbreaking as it is to lose a pet
    ~believe me! we understand!!
    Our past pets were stroked and loved as
    they were being "put to sleep"~
    brought home from the vet in boxes our children had decorated or wrapped in their blankets~
    and they are all buried in our yard somewhere they loved to be.

Please, I believe, our heart's ache because of the
    loneliness we feel.
    We long to give our "love" to something~
    and when that "something" is gone, we feel empty.

There are so many animals out there
    that need and deserve that "love" that we have to give.
    Give it a try.
    It is well worth it!
    You'll still miss your "past pets"~but you will also have
    happiness, laughter, and fun once again.

I'm reminded of this thread....

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=60132&highlight=story

Maybe, we could make this a thread to 'show off" our pet pics
    ~past and/or present~​

11. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Very well-said, BB. That stuff in the other thread is so sad...I believe folks who do that kind of thing should be imprisoned.

You may want to see "I Am Famous Now," which is written from the perspective of a puppy mill dog. Anyone who can read it without thinking real hard before buying and encouraging such "businesses" to continue has no heart. See http://www.thepetpress-la.com/mission3.htm

I like that idea...would be pleasant to see pet pictures, here. I have photos of my cats at http://community.webshots.com/user/mjayz

12. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D Our two (Sh*^s) are at it again. We had a water leak in the hot water heater area of our condo. The pipes run under ground. They decided that it would be more cost effective to reroute a new pipe rather than try and find the leak and repair it. They rerouted through the roof of our downstairs condo, we have about seven good size holes in the ceiling and the small bathroom has three holes and half the wall gone.

Who said cats are not inquisitive? Our two little sh&*'s found a way to get in those holes. I was smart enough to know that the bathroom door would need to be kept close. Thank goodness the dry wall repair crew will start tomorrow.

Thanks
    wildman
    :D :cool:

13. crkit1

crkit1 Registered Member

:D
    This is a good one!

How to give a cat a pill

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from the hearth and set to one side to repair later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbour's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus jab. Apply whisky compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve the cat from tree across the road. Apologise to neighbour who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie the cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to casualty, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnant from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for RSPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and ring local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How to Give a Dog a Pill?

1. Wrap it in bacon. *puppy*

14. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

15. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

Here's a pic of my sweetheart [​IMG]
    And guys.......those who have lost a pet I really feel for. They honestly carry you through when all else seems to fail.

My dog loves me unconditionally,
    When I have food for her,
    When I don't.
    Never expects too much,
    And always shows appreciation.

She does do funny things ( other than my previous post )
    She clucks like a chook[​IMG] when she's in a cheeky mood. Why? to get me to play with her. How sweet [​IMG]
    I really enjoy this post :D :D

Also have a Budgie called ZINGA. He says all kinds of stuff like " Who's ya Daddy Momma " and " ZING ZING ZING ZING ZINGAMATINGA " Laughs like me too. He likes to climb up the cage to the top, then unhook his feet using his beak, then falls all the way to the bottom of the cage and simply lays there, ON HIS BACK!!! then repeats it, He is mad. Unfortunately he freaks at the sight of the camera :(

And got some tropical fish, only a 2ft tank. Got twelve fish. I like watching fish, nice and relaxing. One just had some babies :eek: tiny they are.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  16. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

She's beautiful! :D

17. CartoonBoy

Thanks, I think so. Before she eats I get her to kiss me on the cheek :D She really smacks it on me too[​IMG]

18. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Glad you didn't post that picture :D

Jimbob

19. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I am sure alot of people will recognize, at least, SOME of this behavior!!
    Now I know why they do all that!! o_O

HOW TO BE A PERFECT CAT!!!!

Rules for Cats to Live By, written by Cats, for Cats.

_*BATHROOMS:*_ Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not
    necessary to do anything. Just sit and stare.

*_DOORS:_*Do not allow any closed doors in any room. To get door open,
    stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is
    not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door
    opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is
    particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito
    season.

*_CHAIRS AND RUGS:_*If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If
    you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no
    Oriental rug, shag is good. When throwing up on the carpet,make sure you
    back up so it is as long as a humans bare foot.

*_HAMPERING:_*If one of your humans is engaged in some activity and the
    other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping,"
    otherwise known as "hampering." Following are the rules for "hampering:"

1) When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook.
    You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on
    and then picked up and comforted.

2) For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book,
    unless you can lie across the book itself.

3) For paperwork, lie on the work in the most appropriate manner so as
    to obscure as much of the work as possible or at least the part
    currently in progress. Pretend to doze, but every so often reach out and
    slap the pencil or pen.

4) For people paying bills or working on income taxes or Christmas
    cards, keep in mind the aim: to hamper! First, sit on the paper being
    worked on. When dislodged, watch sadly from the side of the table. When
    activity proceeds nicely, roll around on the papers, scattering them to
    the best of your ability. After being removed for the second time, push
    pens, pencils, and erasers off the table, one at a time.

5) When a human is holding the newspaper in front of him/her, be sure to
    jump on the back of the paper. Humans love to jump.

6) When human is working at computer, jump up on desk, walk across
    keyboard, bat at mouse pointer on screen and then lay in human's lap
    across arms, hampering typing in progress.

*_WALKING:_*As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible
    in front of the human, especially: on stairs, when they have something
    in their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning.
    This will help their coordination skills.

_*BEDTIME:*_Always sleep on the human at night so he/she cannot move
    around.

*_LITTER BOX:_*When using the litter box, be sure to kick as much litter
    out of the box as possible. Humans love the feel of kitty litter between
    their toes.

*_HIDING:_*Every now and then, hide in a place where the humans cannot
    find you. Do not come out for three to four hours under any
    circumstances. This will cause the humans to panic (which they love)
    thinking that you have run away or are lost. Once you do come out, the
    humans will cover you with love and kisses and you will probably get a
    treat

*_ONE LAST THOUGHT:_*Whenever possible, get close to a human, especially
    their face, turn around, and present your butt to them. Humans love
    this, so do it often. And don't forget guests.

MY CAT DOES THIS WHEN I DON'T PAY ENOUGH ATTENTION TO HIM, BECAUSE HE KNOWS IF HE DOES IT, I'LL CHASE HIM AROUND THE HOUSE!!! :D
    Marja:cool:

20. CartoonBoy

[​IMG] What would you do without all that going on ?[​IMG]
    Thanks for sharing that marja, got a good laugh [​IMG]

21. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

It would be dull, Cartoonboy! Even when you aren't in a real good mood, just watching them try to get you to throw that ball or play some game, you forget your mood and join in!

I think they sense that, especially if you are close to them anyway. Just like a friend would try to cheer you up, of course, they also want to make sure you won't forget to feed them!! "Go ahead and be a grump, just DON"T FORGET TO FEED ME!!!!" :)

Sure are a bunch of cute critters on this thread!! Am enjoying them all!! :D

Marja:cool:

22. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D The repairs have been accomplished, just waiting for the painters to show up and do the touch up. Our two sh*^,s are now meowing at me, as if it were my fault that the holes are no longer there, and are looking hard to find them.

Thanks
    wildman
    ;) :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.