Do you own funny pets?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by wildman, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D We own two tabby colored cats (one male and one female). The other night the spouse and I were playing cards and did not notice that the screen to the fire place had been knocked over. Needless to say our cats were no longer tabby but black, and there was ash all over the place. The spouse threatened to extinguish eight of their nine lives. If one has never had the pleasure of washing two cats, I would recommend it highly (It's great fun).

Thanks
    wildman
    :eek:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

:D Cats do not like water in any form. How many wounds did you incur? :D

3. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Oh! that must be quite messy! :eek: :D

Once I had to wash my German Sheppard with tomato juice after a skunk
    watered it. :oops:

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

:D Did your friends come around you Uguel?

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

We had to do the tomato and celery juice bath to a black lab. That was not a fun day :blink: skunks yuck :ninja:

6. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... Even worse ... I, myself had to have a tomato bath about 20 years. :blink: The consequences of being sprayed I will never forget. ;) Even after a a good scrubing it took about a week to be finally totally free of the smell.

:ninja: *puppy* :ninja:

7. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Haha...not the case with one of my cats, and noo wounds. :D

"Socks" thinks he's a dog....he likes to drink water out of the toilet bowl, :p
    and when he's finished quenching his thirst...(even though he has plenty of water in his own bowl :rolleyes: ) he dips his paws in it..and litterly stirs the water...until he makes a big mess and I must dry the floor, *lol ! :D :D :D

I have a pic somewhere in this household......I just can't find it at the moment............................... :rolleyes:

8. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

The dog was sleeping on the porsh when it happened.
    The smell awoke me in the middle of the night. :cool:
    Boy, it was so strong my eyes started crying!!!
    It was like gasoline!!! :eek:
    Eventhough, the dog was not smelling anymore after I washed it,
    The whole neighbhorhood smelt for about 3 three days.... :mad:

9. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

yes, it is a very strong smell!!! :blink:

And it hurts even more when you get into your eyes.
    Ben (my dog) had some in his eyes and was desperately rubbing
    his face against the lawn when I arrived outside. :doubt:
    Never seen a dog in such a distress! Never! *puppy* :eek:

lol!!! :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  10. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I have a cat that thinks shes a dog.She is a siamese mix,She chews shoes,runs to the window to look out when she hears a car,and wont come to you unless you whistle for her like you would a dog,and tries to bite strangers.Funniest cat I've ever seen in my life,but i love her to death :D

11. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hey Nat if you find that pic post it.My cat sounds alot like that :D :D :D Her name is Precious but I usualy call her "mean butt" :D

12. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I bet that was a fun day LOL

13. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:cool: No scratches, but they did hiss and growl. However the wildman hissed and growled right back (confused the hell out of them).

Have had a few close encounters with the el stinky one myself, but have never had to use the tomato juice.

Thanks
    wildman
    ;)

14. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I own two very cute budgerigars, who seem to understand some English! They're very noisy in the morning, but very quiet in the afternoon and evening.
    One budgie is called norri, the other one is called norli. The two budgies will always fight for food, so my mother has to scold them and they'll stop fighting. They also seem to understand what close your eyes mean, when they're resting, I told them to close their eyes and they closed their eyes! :D
    I put a small bowl of water in the bird cage and on hot days, the two budgies jump into the bowl of water and bathe themsleves! :D
    Very intelligent indeed! On rainy days the two budgies always hibernate and are very quiet.
    But, I put their bird cage next to the washing machine in the kitchen and sometimes when my mother is washing the clothes in the evening, the noise from the washing machine irritates the two budgies and they start chirping and make a lot of noise, my two budgies hate noisy environments. I love my two budgerigars, they're just so adorable! :D

15. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Well I don't really have much in the way of pets since my old mate (German Shepherd of 17 yrs) passed away 12 months ago :'( :'(
    But in my backyard, I do see on a regular basis;
    One of these...
    http://www.users.bigpond.com/ian.montgomery/Cuculiformes/PheasantCoucal4396.jpg
    A pair of these....
    http://www.grandpet.gr/images/Rosella%20Yellow.jpg
    A family of these....
    http://www.cliftonpalms.com.au/assets/kookaburra.jpg
    Hundreds of these!.....
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Rainbow_Lorikeets.jpg
    A few of these on occasion....
    http://www.tnet.com.au/~quincon/Birds%20at%20Stoneville/Red%20Tailed%20Black%20Cockatoo.jpg
    ....And one of these, if it's going to rain....
    http://www.users.bigpond.com/ian.montgomery/Cuculiformes/ChannelBilledCuckoo4424.jpg
    .....Still preferred 'my old mate' though! :doubt:

16. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Ahhh, the good 'ol Storm Bird :). Can get quite bloody annoying at times!

Regards,
    Jade.

17. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

We once had an overweight rabit, giving him a bath was crazy. We also once bough what we thought were 2 female guinie pigs, they were actually both mail and when we returned from our holidday one year, we found a little face looking up at us as we opened the cage. The son we found after our holiday then had 8 children with the mum :eek:

Jimbob

18. bigbuck

I don't mind too much Jade, It doesn't rain here enough at present!
    Brad.

19. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

I had 2 scorpions for about a year but they died, great pets, easy to look after and very kool watching them eat.

20. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I thought bigbuck liked ducks :D

Jimbob

21. bigbuck

Oh Mr Spear!! Your presence is required!!

22. bigbuck

:) :) :) :) :)

Attached Files:

23. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

OK!! You asked.
    We have:
    2 cats
    Daphney - gray tiger stripped. She's our little princess. She won't let any of us hold her, but loves for our 9 yr. old daughter to carry her around and wrap her up like a little baby, and flop her up on her shoulder. Every night, Daphney watches for Alicia to go to bed to sleep with her. And she sleeps on her bed everyday Alicia is at school.

George is an orange tiger stripped cat and is actually really Daphney's brother. They are so cute with each other. They play with each other. Wash each other. And they're always sleeping together. Its really cute.

2 dogs;
    Barney is an old, cranky golden retriever. He just wants to be left alone so he can sleep. Which having 2 playful cats makes it pretty funny. The cats just love to tease Barney by lying next to him or sniffing him. He just growls under his breath, and usually goes back to sleep.

Charolette is named after a German Sheperd we had that died a few years ago named Charlie~~so we can really relate bigbuck. (Give your love to a new pet, it really helps.)
    Anyway, Charolette is a really shy black lab. She's not quit sure exactly how to play with the cats or what to do with them. LOL!

Then, we have a 55 gallon fish tank. There's an algie eater (which my kids call an "allergy eater") that's gotten about 5 inches long. And there's other big fish in there.
    bigbuck, that would be soooo cool to see all those colorful birds out your windows!!!

24. bigbuck

Yeah Cindy, It's pretty nice to see all the birds, but I really miss my old companion that I had for 17 years! Haven't been able to talk the wife into getting another dog yet.....although I'm sure Sophie would love a puppy. They (puppies) are quite a bit of hard work though! I'll work on it!
    Brad.

25. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

My dog eats POO! I think it's a crack up!! It entertains me for endless hours. I will have to get a pic and send it in.
    Hope this is not to offensive or off the guidelines :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.