Do You Like Norton Products?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Brandonn2010, Dec 21, 2011.

?

Do You Like Norton Products?

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. No

75 vote(s)
    59.5%
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I ask this because since 2009 Norton has been doing well among critic and independent testers, yet everyone I talk to that has a Norton product doesn't like it, so I want to hear what users think.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

dont know how to answer that one since i like some of their products but not others...

3. guest

guest Guest

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I think their products are ok, not great. I don't like Norton's policies. Not liking a company's policies is enough for me to not like their products.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

To be honest IMO Norton has been doing great lately in recent years and i would have no problem in recommending them for hassle free setups with people have the $$ to get it :D

So i voted yes.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

And we all know you have deep pockets Noob.;)

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

This poll could have used more choices than a flat yes or no.

I voted no because there are so many products, but I only like one... Norton DNS.

I finally got over my extreme bias against anything from Symantec, which was deeply ingrained in me from many years ago. I paid attention to what others around me have been saying about Symantec products, and frankly I've seen a lot of good. But I do see the negative experiences come creeping back in. I suppose that is no more than any other product out there, however.

For me, since adding Sandboxie (a real security game-changer), a whole lot less weight and necessity is placed on what programs I do or don't run alongside it.
    Consequently, I haven't had a need to try any Symantec products myself... except for their DNS service, which I think is pretty good for the price.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahaha not a really about deep pockets d00d :D
    I've seen people purchase KIS/Vipre/Panda so why not Norton? :D
    Free options tend to be more complex :rolleyes:

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

No such thing as a Norton product these days, since Peter sold out to Symantec :doubt:

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Norton is a registered trademark of Symantec.
    norton trademark.jpg
    Count how many times you see the name Norton on this page.

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I can't really vote, as I think Norton has some very talented developers and excellent products (lately), but still I don't like the company's marketing strategies, and their arrogance towards free players. Big companies often spend huge amounts of money to improve their image in the public eye, Symantec should change their attitudes and create a different image with their promotions.

12. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

I really liked the NIS 2011, however the 2012 has given me many problems. For now I do not want any Norton product.

13. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I'm sure their AV suites have improved over the past couple or three years, but I had nothing but trouble with Norton AV when I got it free with my ISP. I have to admit, I voted no. That was only on the strength of the problems I had with the AV though.

14. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

I like Norton products (on the whole) and the Norton team. Over the last few years, they have taken into account many comments of the users and volunteer testers (but for very few things they seem to not listen much).

I do not like their marketing side (although not nearly as bad as one others companys) which is probably done by Symantec.

15. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Yes and No...:doubt:
    - Norton products has been greatly improved
    in terms of System Performance and Malware Protection (Detection & Removal)
    - Norton Marketing policies remain...:blink:

16. operamail

operamail Registered Member

Norton is doing great. It takes over everything when it comes your computer security, which is good for average users who know nothing about security. But I just don't feel safe using Norton alone.:shifty:

17. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Easy poll, NO!

18. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I agree with those that say a flat yes or no is difficult to give so I didn't vote. I own a 3 user license for NIS and just uninstalled it again tonight. It seems to either trust a program or delete it. I like more control that what it gives but would like NIS quite a bit if they would make a few changes.

19. No. I don't like Norton. I really don't care for the remnants left behind on my hd after removed their security suite.

20. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

Yes, i like Power Eraser and Security Scan which are free lol. The other ones, never tried them

21. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I have recently fixed a terribly slow computer by simply uninstalling Norton and installing MSE. Norton is a great product for a companies, but not for personal usage.

22. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

As acr1965 wrote " I think their products are ok, not great. I don't like Norton's policies. Not liking a company's policies is enough for me to not like their products. "

23. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I'm pretty much the same, and voted no accordingly. I miss the old days when Norton's disk-repair and related utilities were tops in their field, but I think NAV's notoriety for totally taking over the system severely damaged Norton's reputation as well as my trust in them.

24. pidbo

pidbo Registered Member

I agree, having to get special tools to get software (that's supposed to be uninstalled) completely off my system is not what I want, it feels intrusive, not clean, not good and ill thought out. I like good honest software with good developer communication where I'm not worrying on each upgrade that something else might have sneaked in without my knowledge.

25. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Long story short, I personally feel that Norton doesn't offer value for the price premium over cheaper vendors like AVG, BitDefender, Kaspersky, etc.

So, do I hate it? No. But I'm not seeing the incentive to use it. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.