Do you like Microsoft??

Discussion in 'polls' started by SwordOfSecurity, May 4, 2006.

?

Do you like Microsoft?

1. Yes, I do!

60 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. I think they're okay.

75 vote(s)
    39.7%
  3. Not really...

35 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. No, I HATE Microsoft!

19 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

NVM its just the beginning, many more years down the road you'll see their technology at a stage where it should be many times better than what it is at present, but its very hard to say for sure.
    And MAYBE there will be less security problems hopefully... I think what comes AFTER vista may be the one that is near-perfect( 90%)...

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I like Microsoft ! I am their fan and most of the products on my computer are their -> only IE6, OE6 , MS Word , MS Works , only WMP10 . . . . . .

They have always provided me with excellent support and they do love their real clients (with genuie products) and they do a lot !!! :-*

I also agree with one of the opinions that Microsoft is now a giant company, really big ,and it is sometimes difficult to control such a company . Also it is difficult to have a <live> conversation with them because you really don't know who is who there with the big players but there are no perfect things on that planet :)

3. furballi

furballi Registered Member

Quality software, most of the time. 8.5/10. Unfortunately, I don't think Vista will be very popular. Expect to see a replacement for Vista in 2010.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Me , too

5. The Phantom

The Phantom Guest

Did like them until their April update MS06_015 wrecked my HP laptop. Hours on the phone to barely English speaking help who knew nothing about the problem MS had created. Finally they emailed a supposed reg fix that made things worse. Further phone calls ended in "Well you will have to speak to tech support, US $50" . Needless to say I did not pay. One reformat later I have turned off auto updates and blackballed that patch, deactivated WGA and wait till a test forum has tested their bleedin patches before I install any again.

To my personal knowledge two other friends putas were also affected and my lady's entire school puta system had to be fixed.

Apart from that they are OK:D

6. Dina

Dina Registered Member

I dont like it but I use it. I dont have a choice, Im too deeply integrated to windows and dont have the time to learn something else.

7. progress

progress Guest

I think they're okay. :)

8. Az7

Az7 Registered Member

Yea, I do like Microsoft and their excellent products, excellent customer support. Their products are better than any others on the market. They have attained one of the highest level of professionalism. :cool:

9. Creer

Creer Registered Member

+1 :thumb:

10. Wai_Wai

Wai_Wai Registered Member

Very bad mistakes which causes a lot of security problems. :'( :doubt: :blink: :mad: :(

11. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Kind of hard to say? I say just keep on making error in judgments Microsoft and I'll be in business forever!

12. I don't like their business tactics at all, but I have a certain respect for their software; Windows NT is very well designed, even if the default security settings (pre-Vista) leave quite a lot wanting.

13. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

I do find it ironic that the majority in these forums appear to like MS even though they feel the need to load their PCs with anti this and that, HIPS etc to stop the OS (produced by MS) from getting infected. Strange indeed.
    Personally I don't like MS. I don't like any company that has a monopoly over every other. I also find their OS's too restrictive.

14. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Trouble with Windows NT is what's been left behind over time. So many people, programmers, have worked on the code, Windows architecture and internals that things get left unrevised and in evidently Windows slows down. Windows has some strange idiosyncrasies in places eg checking and rechecking, and then again rechecking something that it seems crazy sometimes.

Do I like MS?..with age I've mellowed.:D

15. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I wasn't a fan of MS, but this year has changed my mind, first win7, now MSE, and soon the new MS office with a free version, it's really looking good since good ol' Bill gave up he's commanding rights :p

16. HJO

HJO Guest

I'm not sure... :doubt:

17. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Nothing ironic about that, seeing how it isn't Microsoft's fault. If Linux commanded any real market share, it'd be the exact same scenario as well.

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Microsoft is fine by me. Windows is one of the coolest things I've seen in my lifetime.

19. Depends on the distro I think. Debian (no MAC) and Ubuntu (stupid sudo setup with five-minute nopasswd timeout) for instance would probably be a lot more subject to such issues than the likes of OpenSuSE (no stupid sudo setup) or Fedora (SELinux by default).

20. Eice

Eice Registered Member

No offense, but the Linux guys miss the point once more.

It's not the technology; if it were, Windows is just as impregnable. It's the people using that technology.

21. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

After installing Ubuntu 9.04 to dual boot with Vista about a month ago, I've become a Linux addict. This time around partitioning was a breeze, installing needed codecs was a breeze. I haven't booted Windows once.
    Yet, I will always like Windows. I think that they do a decent job supplying millions(?) of people worldwide with an OS.
    I also kind of miss playing with security programs. :)

22. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Not so strange. Any OS in such widespread use would likely require a this and that to avoid infection.

23. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I think MS is ok.
    MS annoys me sometimes but I can't honestly say that I dislike a company when I'm using one of their operating systems.

I don't use some MS programs because I found better alternatives; gmail instead of Hotmail is one example.

With the feedback on MSE and my experience of late with IE8 it appears that MS may be making progress on improvements to some programs.

24. catnotspam

catnotspam Registered Member

awosom software
    cool as why not

25. catnotspam

catnotspam Registered Member

i love the windows and MS OFFICE
    how will i work with out windows

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.