do you have problems with vista?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkham

Arkham Registered Member

I have had no problems with Vista, and I have been using it for 2 months now. It came pre-installed on my T5450, 2GB laptop and I decided to give it a shot before 'upgrading' to XP if necessary. I am glad I did..:) it has worked pretty much flawlessly since I got it...no freezes, crashes or other nasties. Granted, I do only MS office, some photoshop, run some engg software, watch movies and browse the net; nothing demanding such as gaming. But still, vista does everything nicely. The UI is also excellent, once you get used to it (takes only a short while).:cool:

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

3. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

Thanks, no problem, it is never a problem to wait. I saw the site and understand, but what size do you reccomend? My hard disk is 250 GB so at 15% that means 37.5 GB, I find that overkill. What size would you think? I was thinking of cutting it down to 10 GB.

Thanks for the help,
    HelpFromFrance

4. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I set mine at 2 gigs, I seem to be able to have quite a few restore points with 2 gigs. Let's see if anybody else has a better setting. My hard drive is 320 gig that meant that 48 gigs where set aside for system restore.

5. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

Thank you sounds good, will wait around and see what someothers may think. I am just glad I can reduce it, that will reduce my image size a lot. Hope some others chime in and give us some size suggestions, but I may opt for the 2gb like you have done.

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.