Do you have antiak in your registry?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Page42, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Just to follow up, each company said the driver belonged to the other company. :)

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

For situations such as yours,it's always useful to have a 'PE' boot cd to hand.;)

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Good suggestion.
    Do you use BartPE or Microsoft's WinPE, or some other?
    How often do you use it, and what is its main value to you?
    :)

4. andyman35

I mainly use UBCD4Win which I've added a lot of additional plugins too (many hours trawling the web for those).I use it a number of times every week for a wide range of tasks.Malware removal (from outside Windows much easier),disk diagnostics,backing up drives,data recovery,etc,etc.The list is endless,I'd struggle to function properly without it.:D

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks for that info, andyman35. I was not at all familiar with this tool.
    I have created an Acronis boot disk for each computer, and feel like I am ready for emergencies with them.
    UBCD4Win looks like a much more comprehensive tool. The build instructions alone would require careful concentration on my part! Your additional plugins list is probably impressive. :)

6. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Page42, FYI -- I mounted a recent ShadowProtect Desktop image of my operating system partition as a virtual volume, and used WinHex to scan every disk cluster in it for “antiak” (case insensitive search). That string was not found, in either ASCII or Unicode format.

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks for checking.
    I'm willing to bet (but not alot) that antiak.sys (and the resulting registry entries) came from having this program installed a long time ago.

8. andyman35

Actually it's no so difficult to build UBCD4Win plus there are loads of tutorials on Youtube for if you get stuck.The additional plugins and Multiboot items I've added have made this indispensible to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.