Do you feel safe/ secure with your setup?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Hungry Man, Jun 29, 2011.

?

Do you feel safe?

1. Yes, I feel safe.

151 vote(s)
    88.8%
  2. No, I don't feel safe.

15 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Other (post)

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

To hang out with other paranoids. :D

2. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

Does it count when my computer is turned off at night? Because from the hours of 10pm-6am I feel completely safe. :D

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It's passsed your bed time.:)

4. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

I live a life of danger. :cool:

5. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

True that. The approach has made life here at Wilders rather boring these days. I "almost" miss the days of running nothing but the XP FW & Mcafee. Livin on the edge... man. Hard core!

We'll be tellin our grandchildren about it some day: "When I was your age, we didn't have sandboxing & virtualization..."

6. wallpapers

wallpapers Registered Member

I never feel safe. :shifty: but I prefer being prepared to face unknown threats than to get owned real hard by some super pwning virus.

7. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Yes, avast Internet Security, MBAM, SuperantiSpyware,Spyware Blaster and using my noggin keeps my computer safe.

8. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I would join the sentiment of "I don't care any more", for the most part.

I am to the point now that for online transactions, I play it as paranoid as possible. I have a very strict protocol I follow.

For all other things, whether I am secure or not is only a matter of whether I am free to do what I please or have to "clean up" a mess from lack of security.

Other than your identity or account information, what do you have to secure? If you important data is backup up correctly, any security breach is only a PITA. So you have to fix it, maybe reg edits or a full blown reinstall of the OS. This is how I look at it now. I would rather do what I want with ease, and take the chance I have to clean something up, than babysit my perimeter at all times.

I just don't see the big deal any more as long as specific things are taken care of like online transactions.

Sul.

9. x942

x942 Guest

Well said Sul.

I have also stopped changing my security and just leave it where it is. Sure it's overkill and a little convoluted but it works and is very secure. No in the wild threat will hit me and that's all I care about for the most part. Targeted attaks? I'm not a worth while target, my setup would be very costly to attack so I am no concerned. 3 letter agency maybe but I am just not that paranoid and If they want my secrets they can always do this.

No security will prevent that from winning... Well except Chuck Norris ;)

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I feel absolutely secured with all my setups. I change them just for fun. :D

ahem ahem.....Bruce Lee...ahem :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.