Do you feel safe on any machine but your own?

Discussion in 'polls' started by crapbag, Sep 28, 2011.

?

Do you feel safe using anothers/public/work computer?

1. Yes! I'm a gung-ho kinda guy.

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. No! Who knows what's on there?!

36 vote(s)
    97.3%
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

:thumb:

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I don't enter any usable data on any PC that I don't maintain or work on. That includes logging into a site. Fortunately, I use very few PCs other than my own. Most of the others are the PCs of friends, and most of them I maintain.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Nope i'm not from India, actually just to reveal my identity i'm from Latin America i guess the rest is history you guys track me down! :D

All Wilders are welcome at ma house *High Fivez*

4. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Since 1998, this is what I've seen every day...;)

5. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

I call them "the great click-happy unwashed"

Twice this week I've stopped friends from making on-line payments through public networks. And these are pople I have to assist sometimes just to do simple things like putting attachments into an email!

I not only don't trust other peoples machines, I wouldn't even have other people touching my pcs without having first created their own account with basic privaliges (bad spelling I know), inside a sandbox, inside a virtualmachine haha. Sounds crazy but true :D

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hehe I haven't tracked you down it's just that my memory told me that you have said that you were from India several times already :doubt:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I would never trust a public computer unless it was an emergency.

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

For general browsing or posting things in forums like this it doesnt really worry me whose computer i use to do it. When it comes to online banking, shopping, email or social networking i'll only use my own personal computer. If i'm not at home and need to do any of those tasks i'll use my cellphone.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  9. guest

guest Guest

I don't feel safe but that doesn't usually restrict me. If I can't use my own portable browser, I'll run the available browser in safe mode and/or private mode, and I won't type any login/password without SafeKeys. Of course, if the system seems potentially compromised (for example: lan houses that don't restrict usage in any way), I won't use it. Also, important tasks are only done in my own machines.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.