Do Tech Companies Really Need to Snoop Into Private Conversations to Improve Their A.I.?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by guest, Aug 15, 2019.

1. guest

guest Guest

Do Tech Companies Really Need to Snoop Into Private Conversations to Improve Their A.I.?
    It’s not the only way, but it’s the easiest
    August 14, 2019

https://slate.com/technology/2019/08/big-tech-ai-conversation-snooping-siri-alexa-google.html

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That's the point, I think. You have the device, and you know that you're saying stuff to it. So just don't say what you don't want known, right?

And yes, protecting your children -- and protecting yourself, when you're a guest -- are problematic issues.

It's totally understandable why they hire people to debug their AI products.

3. guest

guest Guest

Obviously yes, how would they do otherwise? An Ai need to be fed with real case scenario. Look at Google translate, it seems to uses mostly dictionaries and you see the result is far from effective...

As @mirimir said you are the one who talk, anyway nobody really cares what you may say, unless you talk about sensitive stuff which would be stupid to do on such insecure messengers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.