DO NOT attempt to buy from Macrecraft.com / jv16 Power Tools

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Very carefully. Registry editing is immediate and has no undo. Make sure you understand fully what you are doing before you delete any key, and back it up first. If you have System Restore enabled, make a restore point first so that if you make the system unbootable you can roll it back.

3. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Lol, OP spammed many forums with the same bullsh...

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

wow not sure what happened man i have dealt with them for years and never had any issues. and i only ever see a email maybe here or there about a special or something i have a lieftime lic so never had one to renew even. and yeah i saw this posted in a a number of places. why not try to work it out with the company before going nuts. i have found macecraft to be great they even took my yearly lic and switched it to a lifetime for me for free because of a small issue (was nothing major) i had and all i had to do was nicely email them and explain and let them take care of it.

5. encus

encus Registered Member

Run "regedit" and delete the registry keys which are still stuck in your system. A lot safer than using a registry cleaner application ;)

6. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Safety lies in the hands of the person using the tool. A person can use a reg cleaner and 'manually' choose which ones to remove from the entries that are detected; rather than blindly allowing the app to remove all the entries. That person can then remove these entries either through the reg cleaner app itself or through using 'regedit' if that's his/her choice. For someone who doesn't know what he/she is doing, it's possible to cause problems even if using 'regedit' alone.

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

unless you are a advanced use i would NEVER recc to anyone to use regedit unless you specifically know which key/s you want to delete for the average user its simply NOT a safe thing to do.

8. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Registry keys through regedit,left over folders or files including temps and dead drivers in windows system. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310516 Back Up First always.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Erunt can help you here.back up the registry from a clean system and restore it later.
    :thumb: :ninja:

10. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

yes I've been using Erunt it's perfect for registry backup/restore and is free

11. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

if you backed up a reasonably clean registry then this program is ideal and should eliminate any need to go delving into the registry manually.:thumb: :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.