Do I need to buy an AV program in order to get a REAL protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by merkavam4, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progress

progress Guest

REAL protection is impossible, even if you buy an AV.

2. merkavam4

merkavam4 Registered Member

Again, thank you all for your thorough replies.

I know there cannot ever be a completely REAL protection. What I've meant was real protection according to known & expected standards from an AV program.

BTW guys - putting MSE aside - AVG free vs AVIRA free vs AVAST! free - who is the better of them?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  3. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Hello merkavam4. Maybe you shouldn't asked which one better because comparison of AV is prohibited in this forum and all of those free AV are good.
    Really hard to tell which is better, but because i am using Avast Free now, so i will vote for it but doesn't mean the other 2 is not good, because different people have their own setup.

Regards
    southcat

4. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

A vs B vs C is also not allowed :D

You can test all these AV suites according to your need. I am sure will get an awesome result by testing all these.

5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Ditto. What ash said. I'll add my 2 cents also. You can't really go wrong with avast, MSE or avira free. I'm sure if you search around here you'll notice that alot of people don't use AVG for a reason.

6. merkavam4

merkavam4 Registered Member

Why not AVG?

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Recommend you go to AVC and examine test results. It will give you some information as to how various AVs fared in those particular tests.
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Regards,
    Jerry

8. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Can i ask you one question? Why don't you check out the various test reviews ? I am damn sure you'll find tons of information here @ Wilders. AVG is also good AV with mediocre detection/removal rate. I have almost every AV with me, and i tested all of them and i found my right setup. You can also try yourself, i am sure you'll get something awesome. Trust me !!

All the respected members of Wilders can suggest you but, its you who have to decide. Everybody have different taste, Some guys are die hard lovers of some specific applications, some guys are not at all satisfied with anything because they are waiting for New AV "WILDERS 360" which is in alpha stage right now. and some guys changes their security setup frequently, so you can't get a specific name.

So its time to test it yourself. Trust me bro, when "WILDERS 360" will release, then it will be OVER.

9. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Why not AVG? Well if it works for you that is great. Other than that, its not know to have a good detection rate and there are better choices out there. As i said before take a look at peoples sigs. You won't notice alot of AVG ones.

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

While the thread started out as a discussion between Paid versus Free, once the topic turns into which one is better, it runs counter to our Posting Policy Statement - Antivirus Software and this thread is now closed.

merkavam4, once you decide to install a specific AV, if you have any specific question about it, I'm sure Wilders members will be glad to answer it.

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.