Do I need Ewido?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by mrhero, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

My security system:
    AV: Mcafee Enterprise 8 with antispyware module
    AT: Boclean
    FW: SP2
    I have 1 year ewido license. I haven't use it. Can ewido add more security to my system?

2. divedog

divedog Registered Member

Why not use Ewido as an on demand scanner? Sort of a double check. Ewido does detect tracking cookies and such that Boclean dosen’t fix. I also run BoClean, I think it’s a good bit of software for straight up trojan detection at the front door.

3. btman

btman Registered Member

i like ewido.... few days ago i had a virus.... avast found it but there was something downloading it into temp files... i scanned with ewido and spyware doctor and ewido found it... problem gone... i like to also use a squared and adaware and spybot.....

4. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Exactly. I use NOD32 for real time protection but run ewido once a week when I do my scans. It never finds anything but it's good to have it there in case anything slips by NOD32.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Yes...;) you need it!!! Coz there are some other things that I think only Ewido can detects. I use the free version as an on-demand scanner and it really can find "something" that some others have misses...:p and if I got my new laptops I'll probably use the plus version for its real-time monitor protection. :cool:

6. trilogy

trilogy Registered Member

i am trialling both TH and Ewido atm (i.e. deciding which one is better and will subscribe with a better one. any suggestion?). ewido seems to pick up more malicious files than TH according to my observation. however there are two files which TH picked up in "C:\RECYCLER\ .... " folder that Ewido could not. I can't seem to locate the \RECYCLER\ folder in my C drive hence the file.

7. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

8. trilogy

trilogy Registered Member

Thanks again TopperID :) I realised that after I had cleaned my Recycle Bin these files were completely gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.