Do I need Ewido?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by mrhero, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

My security system:
    AV: Mcafee Enterprise 8 with antispyware module
    AT: Boclean
    FW: SP2
    I have 1 year ewido license. I haven't use it. Can ewido add more security to my system?

2. divedog

divedog Registered Member

Why not use Ewido as an on demand scanner? Sort of a double check. Ewido does detect tracking cookies and such that Boclean dosen’t fix. I also run BoClean, I think it’s a good bit of software for straight up trojan detection at the front door.

3. btman

btman Registered Member

i like ewido.... few days ago i had a virus.... avast found it but there was something downloading it into temp files... i scanned with ewido and spyware doctor and ewido found it... problem gone... i like to also use a squared and adaware and spybot.....

4. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Exactly. I use NOD32 for real time protection but run ewido once a week when I do my scans. It never finds anything but it's good to have it there in case anything slips by NOD32.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Yes...;) you need it!!! Coz there are some other things that I think only Ewido can detects. I use the free version as an on-demand scanner and it really can find "something" that some others have misses...:p and if I got my new laptops I'll probably use the plus version for its real-time monitor protection. :cool:

6. trilogy

trilogy Registered Member

i am trialling both TH and Ewido atm (i.e. deciding which one is better and will subscribe with a better one. any suggestion?). ewido seems to pick up more malicious files than TH according to my observation. however there are two files which TH picked up in "C:\RECYCLER\ .... " folder that Ewido could not. I can't seem to locate the \RECYCLER\ folder in my C drive hence the file.

7. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

8. trilogy

trilogy Registered Member

Thanks again TopperID :) I realised that after I had cleaned my Recycle Bin these files were completely gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.