Do All of the Apps Make Sense in NOD32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hangetsu, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

I've been running NOD32 with no issues for about 6 months now. I have a couple quick questions on my setup (btw, thanks be to Blackspear for his setup guide!).

I use Firefox / Thunderbird for web and email, and I use OpenOffice.org for my office suite. Given that's the case, is there any sense in having EMON or DMON running? EMON won't ever do anything useful given I don't use Outlook, and DMON won't ever do anything useful given I don't use MS Office.

Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Also, I have set that NOD32 will provide checked email notifications. None of my Firefox messages are being tagged -- does this functionality not work in Thunderbird? Should I be concerned if my email is being checked at all?

Thanks in advance!

2. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

I unloaded EMON and DMON since I have neither Oulook nor Microsoft Office installed. I would have thought that NOD32 would have detected that I have neither of these and wouldn't have installed these modules, but who knows? I run WinME and have never had either program installed.

IMON only labels incoming messages with the "checked by" statement. Is this not happening for you in Thunderbird? It did for me when I had that option enabled, but I feel email scanning is a redundant feature if AMON is functional and may cause file corruption.

3. Hangetsu

I don't mind turning them off on my own; My worry was that something was embedded in either of those that I *did* need, but assumed otherwise given the descriptions.

And nope, I don't get anything from NOD32 having checked my incoming Thunderbird 1.5 email.

4. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

Hmm, well I haven't installed 1.5 yet. Maybe there is an incompatibility there? I just don't know. It worked in SeaMonkey Mail when I had that option enabled.

Perhaps you should try disabling the tagging of email, reboot, then enable it again and see if it makes a difference?

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I also unloaded DMON & EMON. For the same reasons.

6. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

You wouldn't happen to have a gmail address would you? If that is the case NOD, or an other AV, cannot scan your incoming or outgoing email because the connection is encrypted.

7. Hangetsu

Nope, standard POP account from Comcast. I'll try turning the setting off and back on again and see if that resolves the problem; if not, I'll get Eset involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.