dll files in my documents. are they from install. of spywareblaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wpdmc, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

Hi, I just noticed there are a bunch of dll files in my documents that were'nt there before. Can they be deleted?
    c o m c a t . d l l , Avpack dll, asycfilt dll, Msubm60.dll, oelaut32dll, olepro32dll, stdole32dll, Win.95 inf 16dll
    Win.95 inf32 dll. These are all marked , application extension.
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled spywareblaster, is this where they may have come from? Can they be deleted?Thanks. wpdmc.o_O :mad:

2. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Unusual location for .dll files.

I don't know.

File extensions of .dll are identified in Windows Explorer as Application Extensions.

Not that I am aware of. I suggest that you look at the properties of the files (right click > properties) and see if you can determine their source.

I don't know. You have to identify the source.

ps: Are you chuck-HD here:
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-95-98-me/451646-dll-files-my-doc-i.html

pps: I personally perfer reading posts in the default color, size and font unless there is a reason to stress a particular item and then bold, underlining or a color for a word or two usually suffice.

3. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

Application Extension, created, Wednesday, November 27, 2002 1:12:22 PM, modified, Wednesday, November 27, 2002 1:12:22 PM, C:\Installation_Files\My Documents, ADVPACK.DLL, Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System, Accessed,Friday, March 24, 2006. read only, and archive are both checked. Other than different dll file names, there the same. wpdmc

4. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Some of the following names don't match yours but, the following are Visual Basic 6.0 run-time files:
    • Advpack.dll
    • Asycfilt.dll
    • Comcat.dll
    • Msvbvm60.dll
    • Oleaut32.dll
    • Olepro32.dll
    • Stdole2.tlb
    • Vbrun60.inf
    • W95Inf16.dll
    • W95Inf32.dll
    I don't know why they would be in your My Documents.

5. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

I checked my system files. These are there the others are missing but in my docs.Advpack.dll, Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.