ditf. between safeonline and prevx ?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by kbijl, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbijl

kbijl Registered Member

Hi,
    At this moment i using save online, do i have the same security as with prevx or is the software save on line a different protection as prevx ?

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Safe Online will keep you more safe as it's protecting you against certain threats when browsing. Otherwise, there should be no other differences.

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I have a similiar question.

There is a Safe Online version of the Prevx and then there's an ordinary 'free' Prevx version. If I have purchased the full protection (including all modules), are there any differences except the GUI-part being branded with 'SAFE ONLINE'?

4. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Not true, both versions have the same protection, both include PSO.

I think the differences are a different gui and a more streamlined installation.

So really, no difference at all.

Prevx need to scrap the safeonline version, I just don't see the point of it all.

5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Yeah, that was my assumption as well. If you've purchased Prevx, it won't matter if you have Safe Online-version or ordinary version. It's still the same protection but with a different GUI.

But when it comes to the free versions, the Facebook-edition Prevx does offer extended protection against online threats than free, ordinary Prevx. However, as PC_Gamer stated, there really is not difference in the free versions, unless you have the FB-edition.

6. PC__Gamer

The Facebook edition offers PSO for free but prevx is still the free version with full detection capabilities but limited removal.

The standard free version from the website gives limited PSO and limited removal but still offering full detection.

The gui is really only the main change between the safeonline version and the prevx 3.0 version, so I say scrap the safeonline version completely!

Hope that answers everyones questions. :)

7. kbijl

kbijl Registered Member

This is possible, but the safe online is bigger as prevx, and why is prevx scanning about 28000 files and safeonline about 16000 ?

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. shadek

shadek Registered Member

At least for once we agree with each other PC__Gamer. :)

9. PC__Gamer

Lol don't worry, when your incorrect ill be there again to set you straight :)

10. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The SafeOnline's versions graphics are what take up the additional space :) (most of the space in the software is graphics, strangely enough). Scan counts are highly dynamic so uninstalling/reinstalling could indeed change the scan counts.

11. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The reason why we have the separate SafeOnline version is for the banks which use SafeOnline for their customers - it provides a much cleaner user experience by making the install process extremely simplistic and suppressing some of the warning messages unless the user really needs to see them. However, you are correct in that the code is 100% identical between the two products :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.