Disk Not Found - Partition Expert 2003

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jetstreamsky, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetstreamsky

jetstreamsky Registered Member

I need to add space to one of my partitions, So I used the wizard in Partition Expert to achieve that. All seemingly went well until I rebooted my PC to make the changes. At this time the program reported 'Disk Not Found' and leads me back to a normal reboot.

Reading through these forums, the normal repsonse is to update the software, so I checked out my version which is 280 and found that 292 is available on the update page, however when I try the update, I get all the way through to the [DOWNLOAD] button only to get "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" HTML page on every attempt to get the update.

I'm hoping the update will fix my main problem, but at this point I cannot even try.

Cheers

Allan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Allan,

Thank you for using Acronis Partition Expert (http://www.acronis.com/products/partitionexpert/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

There was a problem with our download site. Please try to download the update once again.

Thank you.

3. jetstreamsky

OK, thanks for the reply, got the update this time, but unfortunately 'Disk Not Found' still occurs despite Norton Disk Check reporting no problems and the disk apparently perfroming as normal.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Allan,

Have you contacted our Support Team? Please contact support@acronis.com and send the "report.txt" file to us:

Please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

5. jetstreamsky

Report run and sent.

Thanks,

Allan

6. jetstreamsky

I installed the exe file from the link you sent me and re-ran the wizard, Unfortunately it made no difference, the same error message occurred. I checked the version number and it still shows 292.

I have re-run the report file and emailed it to you again.

Cheers

Allan

7. Acronis Support

Hello Allan,

Can you please let me know the Acronis ticket number of your request? It will let me to resolve your problem faster.

Thank you.

8. jetstreamsky

Re: [Acronis #163536] Disk Not Found

Hello,

I've emailed the following along with the requested log file:

Installed the Drivers as requested, rebooted and ran PartionExpert.

I selected the make space wizard but on this occasion for the first time a
    warning message appeared:

"Acronis PartitionExpert was not able to increase the free space on selected
    partition. The current size of the selected partition is the maximum
    possible".

I ran it three times to be sure the message wasn't an anomaly, but got the
    same result.

The drive letter M which I am trying to increase, is at 12GB, with N and O
    each at 9.315GB.

I'm not sure why this is identified as a limit, as I originally split the
    drive into these partitions from one 80GB one.

Cheers

Allan

9. Acronis Support

Hello Allan,

As I can see, Ivan has resolved your issue with detecting hard disk drives. He will also email you how to resize your partitions soon.

Thank you.

10. Me too

Me too Guest

Post the "fix" would have prevent this post and would have factilitated my needed remedy.

Uh, so uh, what fixed his problem? I have the same scenario?

Thanks.

Me too

11. kilopapa

kilopapa Guest

Could you please advise me also. I get that "Disk Not Found" message when I reboot after a simple partition creation.

Thanks, kilopapa

12. Acronis Support

Hello Me too and kilopapa,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of your problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. Hello,

last night, i have had the same problem! DISK NOT FOUND

But today i have find the solution: you must install the disk director and the bootloader. Then restart your system and use the bootloader.

In the bootloader you have the option to start the disk director. There you can edit your partitions without problems!

Greetz from Germany ;)

14. remlee

remlee Guest

"Acronis PartitionExpert was not able to increase the free space on selected
    partition. The current size of the selected partition is the maximum
    possible".

I have this message too, and haven't been able to find any other reference to it, so i was wondering what the solution is?

There is lots of spare space, currently allocated to other partitions on the drive...

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

rem

15. Acronis Support

Hello rem,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis Partition Expert is not supported any longer because it is very old product. You may try to use the new version Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 that should work properly. The upgrade to Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 is available at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.