Disk Health

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by jpcummins, Oct 20, 2020.

1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

When I purchased my Kingston Solid State Drive the shop owner told me to be careful what Diagnostic Software I use; I have CCleaner, Kerish Doctor, and PrivaZer. From what I have seen it seems the three are safe. I understand that defragging and wipe drive will diminish the life of the SSD. I would appreciate knowing if there is anything else I shouldn't do. I would appreciate suggestions and recommendation from our members who have or are using these three programs. As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

They won't have a significant effect on the life of a SSD. Because of the way SSDs work, defragging them usually won't have much effect on performance. But, even Windows sometimes defrags SSDs and there's no reason to stop it from doing so. You don't have to do anything to take care of your SSD. But it is a good idea to check for firmware updates from time to time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.