Disk Director will not create partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by pbuenz, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbuenz

pbuenz Registered Member

Just installed Disk Director. I have a 180 GB hard drive. I want to create a 35 GB partition. Here are the wizard steps I used:
    1. Create Partition
    2. From Free Space on C: drive
    3. Specify 35 GB, logical drive, NTFS, drive letter P

The structure shows the new drive P

Then I select "finish" and commit

It gives me msg "have to reboot". When it reboots, the new partition does not exist on "my computer" or the Disk Director map. It apparently reboots before the partition can be created.

Ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pbuenz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please decrease the size of C partition and then create the new one. To change the size of the partition please right click on it and choose the "Resize" option.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. pbuenz

pbuenz Registered Member

As you suggestged, I decreased the size of the C: partition by 40 GB, then created a new partition of 40 GB. Then I "Commit" and it gives me "you have to reboot before ...." When I say "ok", it immediately reboots and when the computer restarts, I still don't have a new partition.

Ideas?

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, pbuenz

Try doing it with the BootCD, [if you made one, if not do make one] much less problematic. ;)

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pbuenz,

Could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? Also please make a screenshot of the window right before you press the "Commit" button and send it to us. Do you reboot the computer when you are asked? What happens after that? Does it just loads Windows?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. pbuenz

pbuenz Registered Member

Tahe Care at the Quest solved my problem. I used the boot disk and things worked well. Partitions established.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.