Disk Director Error snapapi.dll. Wont work or uninstall.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by acronuser1000, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acronuser1000

acronuser1000 Registered Member

I recently purchased True Image 10 and Disk Director 10.

After installation of both apps, I get the following error upon boot.

oss_reinstall.exe unable to locate component

this application has failed to start snapapi.dll was not found

I was able to uninstall True Image 10, however I cant uninstall Disk Director. Upon trying to uninstall Disk Director I get an error that reads:

OS Selector has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I clicked on the error report and the error signature read, AppName: osselectorsetup.exe ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 AppVer: 10.0.0.2117 ModName: kernel32.dll

I installed Disk Director using the downloaded file named: DiskDirectorSuite10.0.2117_s_en.exe

My System:

Windows XP Pro with all the latest updates.

Thanks for any help.

PS. My Harddrive is 250GB partitioned into two drives 100GB/150GB. All aps installed to the C:\ partition.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Out of curiosity, is there an entry for activating OS Selector in your registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run?

If so, delete this key and reboot the PC and then try uninstalling DD10.

**Off-topic but related**

I did a Vista install recently and noticed that the DD10 installer put this key in the registry. Fortunately, Vista blocked execution of the program before it ever had a chance to run, so no damage done. I don't recall the installer adding this registry key when I first installed DD10 on XP.

Since I have no intention of using OS Selector, I just deleted the registry key.

Not to get too far off-topic here, but recent observers have cautioned against running DD10 in Vista or else you risk NTFS file corruption on your Vista partitions. I do not intend to repartition with DD10 until it is made compatible with Vista, but the program does install OK and runs OK. I like to have it available to snoop around using the Disk Editor or to view the structure of the disk. I am anxiously awaiting word of an updated version that works correctly with Vista.

3. acronuser1000

Yes, it did put an entry for the OS selector in that registry point. I remove it and it still wont uninstall.

I'm curious if the file version I used to install is the problem: Version DiskDirectorSuite10.0.2117_s_en.exe

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Yes, that's the latest version of DD10 (build 2117).

Maybe your download file is corrupted. Try downloading again and then reinstall? Failing that, can you use Windows System Restore to roll back to a date before installation of DD10?

5. acronuser1000

@k0lo, I followed your advice and all is working well now.

I rolled back windows using windows restore, then re-downloaded the apps and installed them. Now they appear to be working fine.

I must of have had a corrupted download.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.