Disk Director crashed when moving/resizing ext3 partition, files no longer availble

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Pedro_, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro_

Pedro_ Registered Member

Hi

Acronis Disk Director crashed and rebooted Windows, when I was moving/increasing the size of an ext3 partition back over a fat32 partition which I no longer needed. And when I restarted the program the partition was gone, there was just unused space.

I remember using another partition manager before, where it when it did crash, which happened a couple of times during the time I used it, it would leave the files in a recoverable state on a special type of partition, which could then be recovered with a special tool.

I wasn't able to find such a tool for Disk Director. So I called the 'recover' tool from the program and used it to recover the erased partition, it recovered it to its original size / location. But all I got when I went back to linux was the root directory of the partition with the folders marked with ?'s on their properties. Here's the output of ls -l :

Code:
    total 16
    ?--------- ? ?    ?        ?            ? Backups
    ?--------- ? ?    ?        ?            ? Shared
    drwx------ 2 root root 16384 May 14 20:24 lost+found

and I get this error when I try to cd into one of the folders:

Code:
    root@ubuntubox:/media/sda6# cd Backups
    bash: cd: Backups: Input/output error

I would really like to know if there is some procedure, or even a tool available from someone else that you can recommend, which can somehow be used to get at these files.

thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.