Disk Director 9 - Increase free space problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by adam lee, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam lee

adam lee Registered Member

Hi Folks

I have a 1.1TB raid 5 volume on a Dell PERC 3/di with a 600GB primary partition, the remainder of space is unallocated. I wish to extend the 600GB partition to 900GB but when use the 'increase free space wizard' the program crashes.

Here are the steps i'm performing:

Create logical partition of 300GB from unallocated space using disk director, no drive letter assigned.
    commit the changes, partition appears as expected.
    start the 'increase free space wizard'
    Choose the existing 600GB partition
    Choose the newly created 300GB partition to extend onto

Program 'locks partition' then 'analyzes partition' its at this point the program crash's out, it closes and no changes have been made.

I would apprechiate any help you can give me.

Thanks.

Adam

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Adam,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

PLease be aware that you can also increase the size of a partition by using the Operations->Resize option in Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 ain menu.

Could you please do the following:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and hit Enter;
    - In the dialog that appears check the "Log File" and "Crash Dump" paths, then click the OK button;
    - Reproduce the problem;
    - Collect the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.