Disk director 10 & true image 9.1 work in xp sp1?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ChaCha7, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaCha7

ChaCha7 Registered Member

I'm very interested in Acronis Disk Director 10 and True Image Workstation 9.1. Does anyone know if it works in xp professional sp1 environment? For resources reasons I haven't upgraded to sp2 (and do not want to) and really like to work with sp1 only.

Please share with me your experience or someone from Acronis answer me this question.

Thanks!

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

It certainly does. Not much to share that's relevant to using SP1 or SP2 with ADD 10 and/or or ATI 9 (I have home version, not enterprise or whatever 9.1 you have).

For me it was a non-issue.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Dear ChaCha7,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.

Unfortunately Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 do not support Windows XP Service Pack 1.

We recommend you to upgrade your Windows XP to Service Pack 2 and then you can use newest version of our products.

Please note that anyway you can use Acronis Bootable Rescue Media for your purposes.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you.

4. ChaCha7

Thanks for all the replies. Yet I feel sorry to hear the reply from Acronis support ... will true image home edition work with xp sp1?

BTW, what do you mean by 'doesn't support xp sp1'? Do you mean both programs (disk director and workstation) will not work properly in sp1 or do you mean that they can work but you will not support those using these programs in a xp sp1 environment?

And if both disk director and workstation can't really work with xp sp1 why you said I can use the rescue boot disk? I don't understand ...

regards

5. ChaCha7

:oops: I hope someone from Acronis can reply my previous question ... as I really don't wanna change my sp1 enviornment to sp2 ...

regards

6. jhartmann

jhartmann Registered Member

The rescue disks work because they don't care for the installed OS. They boot into their own copy of Linux.

And the Acronis guy did not say "we do not support" but "these programs do not support". So maybe they work on some systems, but they aren't build to run there. So there are problems, but noone knows if you'll meet them.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Home and Office products

Actually Jhartmann is right, we just recommend you to use Acronis software with Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed on your PC. So you will evade many compatibility issues during your work with Acronis software.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

8. ChaCha7

Thanks for all the replies. It seems I need to upgrade to sp2 if compatibility issue has to be resolved. I'll certainly think over it. Thanks a lot!

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.