Disk Clone Boot Failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bknonix, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bknonix

bknonix Registered Member

Hello:

I installed TI on my WinXP SP2 system and then executed a DISK CLONE from a 20 GB Maxtor drive to a 160 GB WD drive.
    - 20 GB - 2 partitions, 15 GB (C Drive) and 5 GB (D Drive).

First, I installed the new drive as the secondary drive on the same controller as the first, using cable select options on the drive.

I manually configured the partions on the destination drive for:
    - 21 GB
    - 42 GB free - no partition
    - 100 GB
    and mapped the old C: to the new 21 GB and the old D: to the 100 GB. (Note: told TI to keep the old drive intact)

TI requested the reboot and then went into the copy procedure and "completed" successfully. I powered down, removed the 20 GB drive, moved the connector on the 160 GB to the end and rebooted...

I get an error in "Failing to load the operating system."

I tried to remove the new drive and replug in the old drive. I get the same error.

I pluged the old drive into another computer as the secondary drive and fortunately, the data seems to be all there at this time. Did the same with the new drive and the data seems to be there. So, it appears the problem is with locating the boot tracks.

What did I do wrong? How do I fix this.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bknonix,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer (with the new hard drive) under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.