Disgusting Service.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by wolfie75uk, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adramalech

Adramalech Registered Member

If I knew how to reproduce the problem I'd gladly help.:D :ninja:

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

:D

Like when I get something for free & it disappoints. I say I want my money back. And I smile.

3. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

not the quantity is important... what counts is the quality. :rolleyes:

4. martinrabson

martinrabson Guest

Are you insinuating that we all work for ESET and are trying to weigh this thread in favour of our own product. Maybe you believe if somebody doesn’t share your experiences and feelings on a given subject then they must be guilty of fraud, whatever!
    Well I can assure you, I joined WS forum to comment on this thread, because I found it while explicitly searching for an ESS V4 issue. Google is sometimes very handy.

I didn’t choose anonymity for good or bad, I used my real name as my screen name so I hope that allows me to make comments without being accused of lying.

5. jerick70

jerick70 Registered Member

Shoot... and I'm just getting started. Do you think there is an unemployment line for forum posters? :D

6. jspratjr

jspratjr Registered Member

- May I suggest a book, "The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You" by Elain Aron.
    - Are you suggesting reinstalling the OS will fix problems left behind by other non-OS programs?
    - I see you left off another definition from the Urban Dictionary that probably fits better: "To have totally ****ed something up. Usually by doing something stupid. Specifically used to describe technology that is broken." Sorry if I haven't read or used such a fine reference as the Urban Dictionary - next time try using Webster's.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  7. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

yup, If you buy the best bullet proof vest, then run out in the middle of a firing range, do you sue the vest maker? Or admit you did something very stupid. :D

8. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

On Tuesday evening I finished re-installing vista Business edition. I re-installed it as another member of this forum tried that and he got V4 working.

I had uninstalled V4 and reinstalled V3AV and Outpost firewall but I prefer the AV and firewall in one package.
    I got V4 installed and working at 9pm.

This is Thursday at 09.23am and it is working up to now.

Before I re-installed vista I could only get on the 'net for about 20 minutes.

Every time I un-installed ESET or EAV I cleaned the registry and any junk in C: I use RegSupreme Pro registry cleaner and after I used that I did a registry search for ESS, ESET, ekrn and NOD32.

I am positive all remaining items were removed.

So whats up. I just dont know.

I know I posted much the same as this post but this one is an update on it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  9. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

So you're saying reinstalling Vista didn't help? That would pretty much identify it as a specific hardware/driver problem.

10. The Nodder

If I had phrased my previous post just above properly it would have read that re-installing vista did work.

I tried to edit it but it is way too bad for that.

sorry.

11. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Reinstalling vista worked, hmm, it could still be a driver issue, assuming you're using old ones, maybe some new drivers broke it? Have you tried updating all your drivers?

12. The Nodder

I just installed the drivers that are on the ASUS DVD and of course my graphics Card drivers.

I use a Registry cleaner that may have caused, or contributed to the problem, in the re-install I have not used the registry cleaner. Of course it may not have been that but I can think of nothing else or maybe something got corrupted somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.