disc is full after multiple incremental backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by birrclan, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birrclan

birrclan Registered Member

after several incremental backups, my external hard disc is full. i've come to the conclusion that i will do full backups in the future. what is the best way to remove all of the prior backups--one by one, a full format, or some other method.
    thanks
    program is true image home 2009

2. snifferpro

snifferpro Registered Member

You can format the drive or just delete them all.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Not forgeting that V2009 keeps a data base backup record so that striclty one should remove backups using the TI GUI to keep the data base updated.

The design of V 2009 does not allow one to store a sequence of full images. There is a Kludge available to work round this though maybe the latest build has fixed it?

Xpilot

4. The Gold Tooth

The Gold Tooth Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello birrclan,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If you want to remove all backup archives outside the program GUI, you should delete the database file named archives.xml located in:

* Windows 2000/XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Database
    * Windows Vista: Program Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Database

After that download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.