Disc Director 9: Unable to write to Disk 1 Section 0

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ericcasper, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericcasper

ericcasper Registered Member

I am trying to partition my hard drive to install Linux. I am running Windows XP Home edition on a 37 GB hard drive. When I try to commit a newly created partition, I get the above error message with the options to retry, Ignore or ignore All. Retry does nothing and the ignore options means the new partiition is not created. However, whatever size I make the new partition reduces the size of the hard drive when i check its properties under Windows. I can decrease the size of the hard dirve by increasing the size of the second partiition which is never actually created and I can increase the size of the hard drive (from Windows perspective) if I decrease the size of the second partition which is never actually created. I ony have a week left on my free Linux trial and it would be nice if I could get far enough to actually install and try the operating system. The only reasons I bought this software was to test Linux. If it does not work, it is worthless to me.

2. Donwickham

Donwickham Registered Member

This above message was posted August 28,2004 3:09aM, but I found no reply posted.

I have recently purchased and installed Disc Director 9 and have encountered precisely the same error. I find that operations appear to have worked, but then after a reboot I find that in fact the operation was incomplete. I even have to use the Recover partition wizard to restore. Disc Director's restore partition is worth its purchase price. I previously had Partition Magic 7.0 and was unable to recover lost partitions with it.

However the above error suggests that I may not be able to depend upon Disc Director to perform many of its operations. What can I do?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Donwickham,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem remains witn the latest build please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the "report.txt" file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please also let us know the information if you use any program/utility that protects MBR from any changes (like Norotn GoBack program or some similar).

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

4. Donwickham

Donwickham Registered Member

I have the latest build and downloaded and ran the report and emailed it about two weeks ago and am still waiting for suggestions.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Donwickham,

We are really sorry for the delay.

Could you please send me a PM with your Acronis request # which was sent to you as an autoreply? I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. hatem

hatem Guest

praition my c dirve

I am trying to partition my hard drive to install 2003 serva
    . I am running Windows XP Home edition on a20 GB hard drive. When I try to commit a newly created partition, i can nt partition my C drive to installation windows server 2003

7. Acronis Support

Re: praition my c dirve

Hello hatem,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition Managing Software.

Could you please create the screenshots of all your actions in wizard and a screenshot of the error you encounter and send it to support@acronis.com? This will allow us to investigate your problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. sjagers

sjagers Registered Member

I experienced the same problem and tried everything to fix it to no avail.

It finally occured to me that Disk Director Suite 9 might be having a conflict with my GOBACK (system rollback) application.

So, I disabled GOBACK and viola... everything worked as planned.

Just FYI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.