Disc Clone Complete Successfully But There Is No Clone Made

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ginky4, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginky4

ginky4 Registered Member

I have been doing a Disc Clone from a 250GB Western Digital drive to an 80GB Western Digital hard drive for some time with no problems. Now I can't get it to clone to the 80gb drive even though it says it completed successfully.

When I check the cloned drive there is nothing there plus the clone completes very quick whereas before it would take about 20 minutes to complete.

The 250GB hard drive only has about 40gigs of information on it. I know I am cloning to a smaller capacity drive but this has always worked in the past. I have tried this with True Image 10 and also with True Image 9 and I get the same result. What am I doing wrong?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ginky4,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Could you please check that you're using the latest build? If you're using the latest build and issue still exist then please download and install Acronis Drivers.

If the issue still persists, please create the driver log by installing the update again with enabled logging and reproducing the issue. The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

After that please submit a request for technical support with the attached SnapAPI log, Acronis True Image log and the link to this thread. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

3. ginky4

ginky4 Registered Member

I will check my Acronis build and I will download and install the Acronis drivers to see if that fixes it. I am not getting any error messages. The disc clone just finishes way too fast so I know the clone is not being done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.