Disaster Recovery Plan

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cmutschler, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmutschler

cmutschler Registered Member

I'm currently working on a disaster recovery plan to restore 3 critical servers.

The 3 servers are a domain controller, Exchange and Citrix. For now, I just need help with the domain controller and Exchange server.

Windows Server 2003 domain controller with FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP and Global Catalog.

Exchange Server 2003 is a domain controller as well, DNS and Global Catalog.

A couple of things..

Does it matter which server I restore first?

Also, I was considering, since we already have our Exchange as a domain controller, which to some is a no-no, to go ahead and transfer the FSMO roles and move the DHCP database from the other domain controller to the Exchange now, then just have to restore the Exchange in the event of a disaster, or would that be a bad idea?

Any advice you could provide would be very appreciated! Thank you, Cheryl

2. ImNew

ImNew Registered Member

I am also tryin to put together a DRP for our DC and Exchange...We only have 1 DC w/ AD ,RAID 5 and Exchange. We also have 1 GC in a branch location, will this software allow me to move my domain controller and raid 5 to another machine in case of a disaster or the DC has some sort or unreplacable hardware? Any help to get started in the right direction would be helpful.....

Thanks

3. ImNew

ImNew Registered Member

*bump*

Can anyone please answer this question?

4. poseidon0380

poseidon0380 Registered Member

Acronis cant do thato_O??
    Anyone have ideas?

5. ImNew

ImNew Registered Member

My one server is getting old with the times and will need an upgrade sooner than later, so what i want to know is that with Ti and the AUR can i just simply do a full image backup with TI and then using AUR put it on a New Computer, which will have a RAID 5 like the last one did and actually work as the new DC.... ?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.