Disabling Groups

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by tonyjl, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi guys,
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before,i did do a search but with no luck.
    I've been trying some new keys/values for RD to watch,but they created too many log entries :mad: ,so i disabled the group useing the 'Group Enabled' button top right. But RD still logging the alerts of the keys/values in the 'Disabled' group :( . I have the AD/RD combo (GSS v1.110/ AD v1.000 / RD v2.050),anyone else experianced this?

!! Sorry,i just noticed i posted in the wrong forum,my bad.
    May i sugest a feature in the 'edit post' bit to transfer it the correct forum?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2005
  2. pasito

pasito Registered Member

Sup Tony.

Have you tried clicking on a key (a rule) and then unchecking the log to disk option?

Please tell us how it works.

Attached Files:

3. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hay pasito.

No i didn't try that,i would of thought the logging would disabled as well,anyway,i've exported the group now,but i'll keep that in mind,thanks :D .

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You will still get logging with Groups disabled (or indeed entirely removed); the way to avoid it is to delete the Application Rules that give rise to the logging.

Another way round the problem is to switch to another .gsr file by using the dropdown box on the main GUI, this will have different Application Rules and hence different logging criteria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.