Disabling any particular program from accessing the Internet !

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by soledad, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soledad

soledad Registered Member

Hello everyone !

I was just trying to get rid of some of my programs trying to get the Internet access,that I don't want them to access the Internet anymore for updates or such needs, but I couldn't find an easier way for the same through the settings page in Eset Smart Security 3.0.650.0.

So,would be looking forward to someone of you here to tell me, how can I completely ban some of the programmes like Real Player in my system from accessing my Internet connection. I found they were being shown as "web browsers" category, where they can only be controlled to get filtered or not, but not denying permission from Internet access.

All advice is welcome,and thanking you all in advance

2. diffy

diffy Registered Member

Start ESET
    F5
    Personal Firewall
    Rules and Zones
    Zone and Rule Editor
    Setup
    New
    in Local, Browse for application
    in General, set Name to relate to app
    OK
    :thumb:

3. soledad

soledad Registered Member

Thank you so very much diffy for coming up with the help.
    I followed your instruction and I found that in my system, "Zone and Rule Editor" cannot be selected,as it is greyish and is not allowing me to click on it. Can you please tell me, what should I do to make it work,just like you said in your previous post. :rolleyes:

By the way,I am having my "Network Traffic filtering" ON and is using "Automatic Filter Mode" ,for your information.
    Hoping to hear from you again soon. :)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try switching to interactive mode and define the desired rules for your applications.

5. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

in automatic mode, the ESS firewall functions just like the default Windows Firewall - it only looks at inbound traffic. Interactive mode looks at traffic in both directions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.