Disabled protection in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by johnltr19, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnltr19

    johnltr19 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2007
    Posts:
    1
    When I open my SpyWareblaster software, I manually check for updates.
    After doing that, I then set the software to enable all protection.

    After using the Internet for a while, I open the software and find that 12 items have been disabled despite no changes made by me to the settings and no new updates available.

    Thank you,
    (newbie) John
     
  2. wolfie_the_real1

    wolfie_the_real1 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Posts:
    13
    Well your not the only one John , i have the same problem only on one pc tho not all of them , i have to keep re-enabling it , other than actually manually adding the 12 to the custom blocking list I have no idea what is causing it ,unless its a conflict issue with another program ,or the devious b....... have found a way to disable spywareblaster , as its always the same culprits ,Hotbar ,Ucmore etc , any ideas anyone?
     
  3. Bubba

    Bubba Updates Team

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2002
    Posts:
    11,271
    Perhaps just a long shot and a coincidence but a member recently discovered that SpywareDoctor 5 was a possible cause of his 12 items being disabled :doubt:

    I can't enable protection for 12 items in SpywareBlaster
    HTH,
    Bubba
     
  4. wolfie_the_real1

    wolfie_the_real1 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Posts:
    13
    Bubba that would seem somewhat odd as i have SpywareDoctor 5 on 5 pc's and Spywareblaster on them all too , yet it is only happening on the one PC , my Dell Dimension 5100 which was completley reformatted , no problems on my Toshiba , Acer or other two Dells ?
     
  5. wolfie_the_real1

    wolfie_the_real1 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Posts:
    13
    After some fartin about i think i my have found the reason for the problem , for some bizarre reason best known to themselves, Spyware Doctor 5 has several versions , the one version i am running on some pc's is 5.0.1.205 and on the Dell i have 5.0.5.259 (mainly due to reformatting and re-installing the above program ) and this one is the culprit , yet both versions have the same database/signature file (currently 647,916), dont ask me why i didn't build it lol , so dcdc was correct in his findings , i am of course assuming that both dcdc and johnltr19 are running that version , if they are perhaps they would let us know .
    PS:- I uninstalled Spyware Doctor from the Dell to see if this was the problem , if you want to try the same you must remove Spyware Doctor from the program files and not just add and remove , otherwise the 12 stay un-protected .
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.