Disable Firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by bimitre, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bimitre

bimitre Registered Member

Hello,

There're any way to disable de Eset Smart Security Firewall?

Thanks!!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , using the UI -> Setup section.

Though , I don't recommend doing this unless you want hacker/threat visitation ;)

3. bimitre

What do you mean with "UI" (Excuse my ignorance :D )

I prefer to disable until I see the manual, while I use the windows firewall because I know it.

thanks!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

UI = User Interface

Using ESET Smart Security's firewall in Automatic mode is most preferable for you . If you still don't trust ESS's firewall , test it in PC-Flank's web site (Stealth test , Advanced Port scanner test)

www.pcflank.com

5. bimitre

really I don't trust in Windows Firewall :thumbd: , but I don't have time right now to test the eset firewall, and I would like to test it with more time (I want to understand it). However I will try what you say, to turn on in automatic mode :D

thanks and regards!

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The Stealth test is only 1
    The Advanced port scanner tests are average 4

Total 5 tests on PC-Flank.com
    Each test takes 1 minute , so total 5 minutes max to ensure yourself that it is working ;)

7. Holden4th

Holden4th Registered Member

Don't you have to turn off the NAT function of your router to make this a valid test?

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you are behind the router , of course you'll test the router and the NAT should block these . While I test , I am always without the router/NAT device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.