Disable Control Center on Terminal Server / Citrix

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by diginsight, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

I'm evaluating NOD32 on Windows 2003 SP1 Terminal Server with Citrix Presentation Server 4. I don't want the Control Centre to be visible for users and don't want users browsing through the Control Centre (although it's password protected).

Using Remote Administrator Server and Console I've created a package with pre-defined settings. I coudn't find any setting on how to disable the Control Centre. Is it possible to hide it from Terminal Server / Citrix users using the standard tools NOD32 offers for remote installation?

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I cannot find a setting for in it the Remote Administrator, but you can stop the Control Center from starting using the Windows registry. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersionRun and remove the entry for nod32kui.

3. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

Thanks,

I also mailed this question to NOD support and they sent me a small program named NODhide. Using NODhide I could disable the Control Centre on a Windows 2003 server, but not on a Citrix server. By removing the registry entry I can now also hide the Control Centre on Citrix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.