Disable Control Center on Terminal Server / Citrix

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by diginsight, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

I'm evaluating NOD32 on Windows 2003 SP1 Terminal Server with Citrix Presentation Server 4. I don't want the Control Centre to be visible for users and don't want users browsing through the Control Centre (although it's password protected).

Using Remote Administrator Server and Console I've created a package with pre-defined settings. I coudn't find any setting on how to disable the Control Centre. Is it possible to hide it from Terminal Server / Citrix users using the standard tools NOD32 offers for remote installation?

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I cannot find a setting for in it the Remote Administrator, but you can stop the Control Center from starting using the Windows registry. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersionRun and remove the entry for nod32kui.

3. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

Thanks,

I also mailed this question to NOD support and they sent me a small program named NODhide. Using NODhide I could disable the Control Centre on a Windows 2003 server, but not on a Citrix server. By removing the registry entry I can now also hide the Control Centre on Citrix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.