Direct.data-line.us

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by joysness, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joysness

joysness Registered Member

Hi Folks,
    I was having the same problem with SearchForIt as the other posters and have followed that advice, however, I noticed another problem with my SpywareBlaster:
    Protection for this item, Direct.data-line.us was disabled, the same way as SearchForIt, only in the restricted sites area.
    Does anyone know if this has anything to do with the SearchForIt issue?
    Or is it something new?
    I enabled the protection for it, but just wondered if I needed to be concerned?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey joysness,

I would keep an eye on that one but I am not aware of anything yet that would disable that entry in SpywareBlaster. It does not have anything to do with SearchForIt.

What other secuirty\privacy software do you use ?

3. joysness

Hey Bubba,
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    In answer to your question, I have AVG (free version) antivirus, ZoneAlarm firewall, Spybot S&D and SpywareBlaster. I also run frequent checks with online PandaScan and TrendMicro.
    I don't go many places on the web but I try to run checks at least every other day with Spybot.
    I did just sign up for Gmail from Google and I have not downloaded the Windows XP SP2 yet because I have dial-up and there have been so many issues reported I decided to wait a bit. I have had to uninstall almost every update and patch for XP because they make my computer unusable.
    Do you think I need to do anything else?

Thanks again :)

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As far as the Direct.data-line.us entry....I would keep an eye on that one and report back if it becomes unticked again. As far as dial-up and XP SP2....I'd visit the below Microsoft link and order the CD for FREE. It took me about a week or so from order to receive and I don't even have XP yet :)

This link---> Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD

5. joysness

Bubba,
    Thanks for the link. I'll order the CD. :D
    I just checked SpywareBlaster and everything has remained checked and protected. I will keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again.
    Thanks for you help. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.