Digital Signatures and NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Knot2Brite, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knot2Brite

Knot2Brite Registered Member

I found a 2003 item about problems but nothing since.

It appears NOD32 is gumming up (technical term) my outgoing mail that is digitally signed.

Other then NOT scanning Outbound mail has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Your post is very unclear to me , best to edit it with more details and in understanable version .

Only EMON scans outgoing mail , to start with . Do you use MS Office Outlook and EMON ?

3. Knot2Brite

I'll try again.

The 2003 comment was to show I had searched the archives before asking for help.

Since installing NOD32 people have reported they are unable to open my digitally signed emails.

I thought if I did not scan outgoing emails then NOD32 would not be involved and if it was the source of the problem, the problem would cease. Does this seem logical?

I use Outlook 2003 and NOD32 that I downloaded 4 days ago.

4. Proactive Services

Proactive Services Registered Member

NOD32 doesn't interfere with any PGP signed or encrypted (PGP/MIME or not) email I send via Thunderbird, FYI.

If your problem is with PGP signed emails feel free to pop a test email to the contact details on my web site.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I'll second this for OE 6.

Knot2Brite , try to disable outgoing message scan in EMON just to see ;)

6. Knot2Brite

For the record:

I unchecked scan outgoing mail in NOD32 and my digitally signed mails are now readable by the recipient. This was the only change made to my system.

I conclude, and guess, NOD32 "saw" all of the code in the public key which is part of a digitally signed message and edited it.

Outlook 2003, NOD32 (5 days old), digital certificate from Comodo (LOUSY support), XP Pro, Cyberhawk (very good support)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.